Chapter 10: Strange

It's the next day, and everyone was at school. Well, almost everyone. Nate and Amy were staying home together on the account of Nate refusing to talk to anyone except Amy and she didn't want to leave Nate by himself (both of his parents work). 

At school, however, things were very strange. All of the people that had joined Bolas were at there regular classes, as well as all of the resistance members. None of the teachers knew what was going on at the time, but they could tell something was wrong. During the classes, the students were divided into three groups; those who serve Bolas, the resistance, and the unaligned. Cliques were split up, friends turned into enemies, talking to one side made you the enemy of the other, and there were stare downs all over the place. Lunch was even weirder, where you chose to sit now decided  your allegiance.

Tom and Eddy were sitting at their normal table in the back and tried to enjoy their lunches, but with just the two of them, there wasn't much talking. 

"Man, it's weird when one of us is gone, but two? God damn." Tom said.

"Not to mention that we've gotten used to having Silvia around too." Eddy added.

"A group of five reduced to two is not a happy arrangement."Tom agreed.

"Watch it!" someone yelled. Tom and Eddy looked over to the comotion to find a Bolas aligned senior was yelling at an unaligned freshmen. The senior's name was Austin, he was a big dude  and this poor freshmen was puny. Some of Austin's friends crowded around the two as Austin continued to yell.  "I just got this shirt and you managed to spill an entire chili dog on it!"

"I-I-I-I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to." the freshmen said. He seemed to shrink more and more every second.

"Tell you what, I'll forgive you this one time." Austin told him. 

"Oh boy." Tom sighed, he knew that this was the part when the "but" came into play.

"Really?" the freshmen asked relived.

"Of course not dumb ass." Eddy whispered. 

"All you have to do is join Bolas' army." Austin said. 

"OK, time to step in." Tom said getting up, Eddy not far behind.

"Wh-what?! I can't do that, I'm trying to stay neutral!" the freshman pleaded.

"Well the way I see it," Austin said crossing his arms, "you either join up and we write this off as two comrades bumping into each other, or you don't join and it will be classified as an assault on a member of the Bolas army."

"Hey!" Tom called, getting the entire cafeteria's attention. 

"You got a problem looser?" Austin asked. 

"Yeah, there's not enough crap on your shirt." Tom replied, quickly throwing a chili dog in Austin's face.

 The angry senior wiped the food off of his face and yelled, "After school, in the old lot. Be there, or I'll hunt you down."

 After school, Tom, Eddy, Silvia, and a few other resistance members gathered at the old lot to find that Austin and some others from the Bolas army, as well as some of the members of the neutral faction. 

 "Hey, neutral people," Tom called. "winner gets the looser's deck." 

"Agreed," Austin said as he and Tom walked to opposite ends of the lot, "I'll start with a swamp and end my turn!" The black skull appeared above Austin with a 1 under it. 

"I'll play a godless shrine and end my turn." Tom said. the left half of the white sun and the right half of the black skull appeared above Tom with a 1 under it.