↠ 46

"C'mon!" Jungkook excitedly exclaimed. He was practically bouncing off the walls. "Hurry up!"

Taehyung lightly glared at him. "Were you even here these past two days?" Although it was halfway healed, his leg would still flare up in pain every once in a while.

Right now, Seokjin was checking out. Hoseok took Yoongi, Jimin and Namjoon back to the house. Hoseok would be back to pick up the three and then they were all going over to visit! Jungkook shyly grinned but held himself back to walk with Taehyung. The duo finally reached the lobby and found Seokjin there.

"Hobi's here. He's out in front." Seokjin's words were useless as Jungkook ran off ahead.

Taehyung glared daggers into his back and Seokjin blinked where the youngest member was. "How rude." The eldest commented. The two of them found the car and thankfully, Jungkook claimed a spot in the backseat. Taehyung in the passenger and Seokjin joined in the back.

"How's the city?" Seokjin asked Hoseok as he pulled out of the parking lot.

Hoseok shrugged. "Sort of bad. There's more construction going on than before. Most of the roads were damaged."

Seokjin nodded. For the rest of the way, the radio supplied the noise. Within a few minutes, they arrived at home. As soon as they got out of the car, the group headed to the front of their apartment building. There, they found the rest of them.

"Are we ready to go?" Namjoon asked the group. They excitedly nodded in anticipation. And so began the walk to the cafe. Lucky for them, there wasn't any construction going on in the streets so they could easily make a beeline to the cafe. Upon coming there, they noticed it was dark.

Yoongi took the first step and tried opening the door. Only to find it locked. So, he rang the doorbell. They waited about a minute but no one came to the door. Yoongi pressed it again and still, no one came to the door.

"Are they home...?" Hoseok questioned and looked up at the apartment windows.

"Maybe...?" Jimin answered him.

Yoongi frowned before a devious thought appeared in his mind. "Let's go check the apartment."

Seokjin gave him a look. "You know the apartment is above the cafe? And that we can't reach it?"

"Yeah we can." Yoongi said and walked around the corner and the boys followed him. He stopped underneath a firescape. With all his strength, he jumped and barely caught the ladder. Under pressure, the ladder easily came down and Yoongi was back on his feet. He then began climbing.

Jungkook rushed to grab the ladder before it went back up. Slowly, Jimin followed after him.

Seokjin let out a sigh and shouted out. "Just let us know if they're home."

Once they got to your window, they were faced with darkness. Yoongi gently knocked on the window but there was still nothing. If he peered in more, he could barely see the door open to the rest of the apartment. "I guess they're not home...."

Jimin peeked in and noticed that your room was a bit messy. Clothes were thrown on the bed in a somewhat neat pile. "Is she cleaning or something?" He received looks from the two boys. He explained the clothes.

Yoongi tried to think of any reasonable explanation and then Jungkook tried opening up your window. Which worked. The other two were in surprise. The youngest didn't wait for a response and went in. 

"Wait!" Jimin was now worried. "We shouldn't be breaking and entering."

"But it was open." Yoongi said and followed Jungkook. Jimin didn't know what to do. But at last, he followed them. Taking a glance at the room, Yoongi was confused. It felt off to him. Jungkook went on ahead and found himself in the living room. It felt eerily quiet to him. He didn't hear anything else except for the shuffling of Yoongi and Jimin in your room. 

He continued to venture further. He took a few looks into other rooms and noticed the same pattern. A pile of clothes on the beds that were in a somewhat neat pile. It was strange. Were you moving? But it didn't make sense to him. At last, he found himself towards the back of the apartment where there was a fridge. He scrunched up his nose detecting a rotten smell.

Instead of opening it, he walked right back to Yoongi and Jimin who were in the living room now. "There's no one here." He said.

"Let's go back." Jimin left no room for suggestion as he walked back to the window. The other two followed him and once they were onto the fire escape, Jungkook shouted to them below. "No one's home!"

Namjoon raised his head from his phone. "We figured. We're trying to call and text Y/N but she's not replying."

The trio made it down the fire escape and joined them on the ground. They also took out their phones and tried to send messages or even call. Not even a reply.

"You don't think she's avoiding us?" Hoseok asked, looking worried.

"I don't know..." Yoongi answered, pressing the call button for the second time. It rang and rang until it went to voice-mail.

Were you really avoiding them?

"Y/N!" Taehyung cried out in relief and pulled the phone from his ear to put it on speaker. The boys immediately focused their attention on the phone.

"Hello?" Your voice came out of the phone's speaker.

A couple of hours later was when you went out of your room. There you found Michael watching the news. Of what? From what was happening back in Korea. You caught snippets of a few citizens returning to the city.

"Is Rei planning?" You stood behind the couch.

Michael jumped a bit, too focused on the TV in front of him. "Yeah. He's in his room."

You nodded even though he couldn't see. "When do you think it's going to happen?"

He thought about it for a while. "Maybe tomorrow. Or the day after. I think he wants to get Riku while he's weak."

You hummed in acknowledgment. That would be a Rei thing to do.

Michael leaned his head back to look at you. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah I guess." You admitted. Honestly, you didn't feel anything at the moment. Just numb.

Michael frowned. "I know with killing... her. And leaving your new friends behind must be hard. So, you could talk to me."

You softly smiled. "You're sounding a little like Aika." He gave you a playful glare. "Thanks, I appreciate it." You paused for a moment, deciding that you wanted to retreat back into your room. "For now, I want to be alone."

Michael nodded in understanding and you went back to your room. You shut the door and leaned against it. Your eyes caught sight of your phone lighting up. Curiously, you went over to it. Tapping the screen, you were greeted by hundreds of calls and texts from the boys.

Your heart got stuck in your throat. What were you supposed to say? Then your phone changed as a call came in. From Taehyung.

Perhaps you should say that you're gone. Maybe that's why they were calling.

Your thumb slide the answer key and brought it up to your ear. "Hello?"

"Y/N!" Taehyung's voice shouted.

There was some shuffling and you were confused. "Hello?" You repeated.

"Y/N!" A chorus sounded from the phone. It made your heart ache. "Where are you? Are you okay?" Yoongi bombarded you with questions.

"Somewhere else." You replied and took a seat on your bed. "And yeah I'm okay."

"You don't sound like it." Hoseok commented. "But seriously, where are you?"

You bit your lip. Just rip the bandaid off. "In Japan."

A moment of silence passed. "What?"