Chapter 34

Clad in a light green cotton skirt with a matching blouse, on the other hand, Aparajita was standing in the enclosed overhanging balcony of her bed chambers, enjoying the calm ambience of the moonlit night.

With moonlight seeping on the terrace and faint light of earthen lamps lit up in her chambers, the ambience was indeed peaceful. The cool breeze was blowing peacefully thereby, calming the restlessness of Aparajita’s mind.

Leaning towards the moon, Aparajita looked up to the shimmering stars missing her mother with whom she could have confided about the prince of Shivgarh. Unknowingly, the prince had occupied the mind of Aparajita as she was concerned about her kingdom, her responsibilities and her apprehensions. She thought if her brother, Yuvraj Virendra Singh Rathore would have been alive, he could have handled the kingdom in a magnificent way.

The trance of her thoughts was broken when she saw a familiar white colored pigeon coming towards her and anger rose up inside her. She had tolerated the incorrigible behavior of the prince of Shivgarh for the sake of harmony between the both kingdoms but she did not want any relationship with him.

As far as the exchange of letters was concerned, she did not want to get involved as she knew one mistake from her side would bring illicit blots on her royal stature and she respected her status of the royal queen Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore a lot.

As the innocent bird sat on the marble railings of the overhanging balcony and cooed attracting Aparajita’s attention, a small smile crept on her lips. She took the letter from the bird and opened it to see what it contained. She was apprehensive if she should reply or not as she rushed inside her chambers and opened the letter to read it in the gleaming light of the earthen lamps lighting the room.

Dear Aparajita

I am sending you this gesture of love and affection. I wish you are in the bliss of your health. I want to share a grave concern with you.

Aparajita, I am not well since the day I first saw you. I can’t sleep, I can’t eat, I can’t do anything, I am helpless as you have occupied both, my mind and my heart.

You come in my dreams wearing the stunning pink colored attire, which you were wearing on the day I met you in the royal palace. Trust me, you look gorgeous when you sit beside me in my dreams. I urge to engulf you in my arms and cherish you lifelong.

My body yearns for your soft yet, strong support like the day you carried my injured body on your horse. I want to have those enchanting horse rides with you thousands of times in future.

You are beautiful and your enchanting beauty has captivated me.

Help me to sort out my problems.

Trust me, I am saying this with all the sincerity that I am falling for your enticing beauty and generous heart.

I am looking forward to meet you.

With love,
Yours Veer

Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore was shocked to read the contents of the letter. A smile crept on her plump lips as she scrunched her forehead and realized, she was gorgeous enough to lure a prince and there was no big deal with it.

She was at once disgusted at the carnal desires of prince to have those illicit horse-rides like the one she had unfortunately with him while she had to bear his heavy weight on her back.

Her eyes popped out of their sockets upon reading the words, ‘engulf you in my arms’, as she could sense an unknown emotion building up inside her.

Finally she cringed at the last line realizing the prince of Shivgarh was definitely good at trapping women in his enticing arms and she chuckled over the endearment, ‘Yours Veer’.

Aparajita was aware of the royal lifestyle and she knew most of the princes of the royal clans were accustomed to have myriads of wives, and concubines. She knew it was habitual for royal males to relish upon ale and women. She was disgusted to hear about those royal men who used women like a trash.

Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore knew her status. She was not a powerless princess but a powerful queen of one of the most prosperous kingdoms. She remembered the day she talked to the prince. She would be lying if she said she was not impressed by his talks of empowerment of the women of royal clans. She was overwhelmed when the prince had appreciated the decision of her father to crown her the ruler of Vijaygarh but today, the queen was shattered.

She felt a pang in her heart when she realized prince of Shivgarh, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput was no different. She felt disgusted at the mentality of the prince who thought if queen saved him, she would be ready to give herself to him.

Aparajita sighed, as she adjusted the wick of the lamp at her study table and dipped her quill in red ink. Taking a scroll from her table, she penned a letter,

Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput

I wish this letter finds you in the best of your health.

In the reply to the letter, I would like to tell you that you must consult the royal physician for your health.

Eat well and stay strong to fulfill your responsibilities as a prince and future king of your kingdom.

I aspire to see both Vijaygarh and Shivgarh having friendly relations.

I would be delighted to meet you in future but as of now, I am preoccupied with the issues of my kingdom.

Get well soon.

Regards
Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore

Aparajita smirked as she read her reply which was full of authority and drew a line between diplomatic relations and personal relations.

She had definitely made clear that she was seeking the diplomatic relations as a responsible queen between Vijaygarh and Shivgarh.

She did not have any time to meet the prince especially when she had found out the true face of the prince of Shivgarh.

Realizing that the charming prince who asked her to call himself as Veer was no less than a hypocrite who was trying to allure her with his enticing aura, Aparajita sighed nonchalantly.

Folding the letter, she handed it to Dharmadoot, the trained pigeon who cooed fluttering its wings and flew towards its kingdom.

Aparajita chided herself for being driven towards the sensible talks of the prince when he came disguised as a cloth merchant. She mentally thanked Goddess Durga for showing her the right path and cringe-worthy attitude of the prince as she laid on her luxurious bed closing her eyes waiting for sleep to engulf her.

❤❤❤

Hi everyone
So, I am back with an update. 💖
I will be back soon till then enjoy the bliss of your life and shower your love on this story with plentiful votes and lovely comments. 😍 😍
Your comments and votes give me immense happiness 😉😉😉

How's Aparajita?

How was Veer's letter?

Share your views 💛

Love you all
💜