chapter 3

"This is a kidnap!"

"This is a kidnap!"

"I swear to god, it ain't!", I argued. "I am the same age as you!"

"You need to eat something", Chenle argued back as Jisung and him were dragging me to the nearest convenience store by our school.

"We don't even hangout with you, come on, it'll be fun!", Jisung tried to make an excuse.

"One says it's a kidnap, the other says it's a hangout", I said. "Next thing we know it's going to be a business meeting"

"You should at least eat before you go to work!", Chenle scolded me for the nth time today, since I skipped lunch again like yesterday. "Now that we're here in the convenience store, we should all eat"

"Since it's our first hangout, I'll pay", Jisung offered, taking out his wallet. "No one is allowed to disagree!"

"I'm cool with that!", Chenle agreed, smiling widely. "Hyerin?"

"Fine", I gave in.

"Get a lot of food! Bring some with you so that you can eat during your break", Jisung said. "Don't worry about the money I'll spend. I like treating people"

"Are you sure?", I asked and he nodded.

"If you don't buy enough for later, then I'll choose it for you", Jisung said.

I saw that Chenle already filled a basket with just snacks. I was shocked and just got another basket, going through the different sections. I settled on a couple of cup ramyeons, some chips and three bottles of B'lue.

"That's the spirit", Jisung said with a smile as he saw that I was slowly filling my basket. "Is that all?"

I nodded and he grabbed my basket and headed towards the counter to pay for everything, Chenle's basket also with him. I looked around for Chenle to see that he was already seated at a table. I sat on one of the chairs and the two of us waited for Jisung to come back.

"Here's everything", Jisung said as he placed the multiple bags he had. "I already put hot water in the ramyeon cups"

"Thanks Sung!", Chenle exclaimed as he started to put in the powder into the ramyeon cup and stirred it, everyone else doing the same.

"So, how was your first day of that part time you have?", Jisung asked as he blew on the ramyeon, the white puff of smoke disappearing.

"Tiring", I sighed. "I can't even buy those pain relief patches because they're expensive"

"What do you do there though?", Chenle asked, then slurping on his food.

"I'm basically like a janitor", I answered. "I had to clean the whole lobby until the fifth floor, with only one person with me"

"That sounds so difficult! I'd rather go to school the whole week, including weekends than do that", Chenle said, getting chills from just imagining it.