chapter 5

"You're early today", Haechan said the moment I went inside the janitor's room

"Not really", I replied and sat on the bench, resting for a couple of minutes. "I just finished a part time job at a convenience store"

"Another one?! Do you even sleep at this point?", he asked, shocked.

"For around an hour or two", I chuckled. "To be honest, I can't really hangout or talk to my friends that much"

"Hm, then can I be your friend?", he suggested, wearing a smile. "We're with each other for almost five hours, it'll be nice to talk to you during break times"

"Sure, why not", I replied. "We have fifteen minutes to talk before our shift starts, what should we talk about?"

"How about we get to know each other? Maybe three facts each?", he suggested.

"Sure, I'll start off", I said and moved closer to him. "First fact, I've changed my name before. Second, I used to play the piano. Last, I've never been on a plane before"

"You've changed your name?", he questioned and I nodded my head. "What was your name back then?

"Kim Byeol"

"That's such a beautiful name though", Haechan looked at me straight in the eye. "It suits you. I can see the stars in your eyes. Why did you change it?"

"Why would a beautiful name suit me of all people?", I asked.

"It's because you're very beautiful", he replied. "Now answer my question"

I was startled by him calling me beautiful, like no, he's the one who's beautiful.

"I changed it because it gave me bad luck", I replied. "My brother gave that name to me and I hate it now"

"Jungwoo did?"

"No, my other brother", I answered. "Kim Doyoung"

"Oh, I see", he said. "Should I say mine now?"

"Yeah, you should"

"First, I also changed my name like you. Second, my parents don't give a fuck about me", he said as he thought about the next one. I felt sorry for him as I heard his second fact. "The last fact is..."

He trailed it, making it suspenseful. I was starting to get impatient as he showed a smirk and looked at me.

"What is it?", I asked, impatient already.

He brought his face closer to mine and smiled.

"I like you"

"Hey! Be serious!", I exclaimed.

"I can't think of another fact, so I just said that!", he chuckled and started to laugh.

"But seriously, what was your name back then and why did you change it?", I asked.