chapter 10

"Hyerin!", Chenle called for me

"What?", I asked, turning to face him.

"Can Jisung and I come with you after school?", he asked. "We're not busy today"

"Sure, I mean, if you want to", I replied. "If you can't, then don't force it"

"We're not forcing ourselves!", Jisung exclaimed, shaking his head and hands at me. "We just want to hangout, right?"

"Yeah, totally", Chenle agreed.

"Well, if you insist", I said.

"Yes! Let's go!", Chenle exclaimed and linked with Jisung and I's arms, the three of us making our way to the convenience store that I worked at.

"How many hours do you work here?", Jisung asked.

The two of them sat on the chairs in the convenience store while I put on my uniform. The worker working before me had left a little early, which concerned me because there was no one who was watching the store. I tied my hair back and waited behind the counter.

"Around four hours?", I wasn't so sure. "Sometimes I have an hour or two to spare before I go to my other part time job. Why'd you ask?"

"Just curious as always", Jisung replied.

"Is there anything we can do to help?", Chenle asked.

"Nothing really, the one who left early already fixed the shelves", I replied.

The two of them just nodded, taking out their phone, busy with texting. I just sighed, waiting for someone to go in. No one really visited this convenience store, so I didn't have to work much.

I decided to sit down on the chair behind me, staring outside the window. I was looking at the tall building near the convenience store, which was a company building. I noticed that two black cars pulled up in front of that building and two guys got out of the cars, wearing business suits.

"Aren't those the guys who I saw in the CEO's office?", I muttered to myself. I looked closer, squinting my eyes to get a better look and I was right. "Why are there so many handsome business men. Could they also be young CEOs?"

"What are you talking about to yourself?", Jisung asked.

"Oh, it's nothing", I replied, without looking at him.

"Hey, Hyerin", Jisung called.

"Yeah?", I questioned, not looking at him.

"If we buy these, will this help you gain more money?", Jisung asked in a small voice, which made me look at them and saw four baskets full of snacks. "If you're not going to accept our money, I'm hoping that this helps"

"Guys...", I trailed, looking at their faces. They were really concerned. "It'll help, but not that much"

"Well, it's better than nothing", Chenle smiled. "I'll buy these two baskets, Jisung will buy the other two"