chapter 11

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ ᴘᴏᴠ

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ ᴘᴏᴠ

Haechan was determined to find out the truth behind what happened, that's why he started to work on it ever since Hyerin and him split ways earlier. He went back to Lee Cosmetics and asked for the workers to give him the security camera footages for two days before the crime happened.

He was on his way home, to the small but cozy house that he had. He entered the place and didn't bother to change, instead he headed towards his laptop and inserted the flash drive and checked the footage.

"The person broke the CCTV camera in Jeno's office and the CCTV in the janitor's room", Haechan muttered. "Must be a janitor then"

He also had files about the janitors that he worked with. He checked through them all, their background and the places they went to in Lee Cosmetics. He crossed out most of them who didn't enter Jeno's office.

"It's not Choi San, Seo Changbin or Kim Jaehwan", he said. "It's also not the others, so it's really just Yuta or Hyerin. It's time to prove that Yuta is the thief"

Haechan barely got a wink of sleep, trying to gather evidences and piling them up. Sadly, he didn't have enough yet and it was already 5 in the morning. He decided to call it a day when he listed the possible routes he could've taken where CCTV cameras were at.

ʜʏᴇʀɪɴ ᴘᴏᴠ

"Hyerin!", Chenle shouted.

"Yes?", I asked, still out of it. I was still thinking about the whole accusation against me.

"You seem bothered, what's wrong?", he asked.

"Yeah, you seem blue", Jisung said. "Wait no— I mean, it's not the color, it's the—"

"I know what you mean, Jisung", I chuckled. "It's nothing much, the CEO of the company I'm working at just accused me of stealing something"

"What?!", Jisung and Chenle reacted at the same time.

"Did he have evidence?", Chenle asked.

"Yeah, without it, he won't be able to sue you", Jisung said. "Unless bad things will happen"

"I'm not sure, but the two of us have to prove that I'm innocent by my shift later today", I explained. "If we don't, I'm fired and he has to do whatever the CEO wants"

"Two of us?", Jisung questioned.

"He?", Chenle questioned.

"Something fishy", The two of them said.

"That workmate I've been texting", I explained.

Our conversation continued, until we had to listen again in class.

"Are you sure you have the evidence?", I asked Haechan who seemed chill about everything.

"Yeah, it wasn't easy to get", he replied. "So you have to pay me with a hangout in exchange"

"Sure, if it goes well", I said and the two of us went inside CEO Lee's office.

We walked and stood in front of his desk. He sat down, looking at us, his legs crossed.

"Explain to me your evidence", Sir Lee said.

"It can't be Hyerin, because I have CCTV footages of Yuta with your mother's watch at a pawn shop", Haechan said as he showed his tablet which had the footage. "Also, he sold the watch. He stole it. He needed it"

"Needed it? Why?", Sir Lee asked. "He never had money problems in his life"

"He did it because his brother got into a big debt. I heard it was because of gambling", Haechan said, placing down papers with proof. "Now, your precious watch is gone"

Sir Lee gritted his teeth, getting angry at Haechan.

"Anyways, I've now proven that Hyerin is innocent", Haechan said, smirking triumphantly. "Get on your knees and ask for forgiveness"

There was a silence because Sir Lee was too deep into what he was thinking about.

"Are you not going to do it?", he asked. "You can even fulfill your own side of the deal"

That's when Sir Lee stood up and stood in front of us. He then slowly put one of his knees on the ground, then the other. He had his head down, unable to face me. I felt awkward, but Haechan was just chuckling.

"I'm sorry, Miss Kim. I shouldn't have blamed you like that", Sir Lee said. "I hope you forgive me"

"You're forgiven", I said quickly. "My brother told me to not take too long to give an answer to an apology. If I did it my way, I wouldn't have forgiven you so easily"

He stood up and dusted his suit.

"I'm glad that you forgave me", he said and smiled, but I already knew it was a fake one. "Now that it's settled, the two of you can start you shift"

I nodded but Haechan scoffed, then following behind me as we went out.

"You should've made him kneel for an hour", Haechan said.

"I don't know, karma might get to me", I said.

"You're to nice", he sighed. "Anyways, the hangout will be at my house on Saturday. Don't be late"

[a/n: a short filler update for y'all  *deep inhales in haechan* sAeNgiL cHukHahAbnidAaaaAaaa! wasn't supposed to update but i had extra time to write a chapter <33 tysm to everyone who greeted me happy birthday, i'll be sharing my cake on instagr...

[a/n: a short filler update for y'all *deep inhales in haechan* sAeNgiL cHukHahAbnidAaaaAaaa! wasn't supposed to update but i had extra time to write a chapter <33 tysm to everyone who greeted me happy birthday, i'll be sharing my cake on instagram but will show it here in the author's note for a day <33 ]