Chapter 11

"Chevel.." Gyth muttered, his breath brushing my earlobe. I groaned, stretching my arms.

I pushed myself up using my hand and leaned my back against the headboard.

I gazed towards Gyth doing the same thing, his hair disheveled.

I guess he must've fallen asleep too.

Panic rushed through me once I remembered that we need to go back to the human world for the last soul he needs to collect.

I quickly jumped out the bed, rushing to the bathroom to fix my messy hair.

"Chevel.. We still have enough time. You don't need to rush." He said hoarsely.

I peeked out from the bathroom to see him scratch his eyes, the strands of his hair resting just above his deep green eyes.

"Okay.." I said, coming out of the bathroom.

Gyth proceeded to enter the bathroom, leaving the door open while I sat on the far end of the circular couch where the bathroom is visible, watching him as he fix his hair.

He glanced towards me and I quickly turned away, focusing my attention on the ground as if it's the most interesting thing to look at. I was sure I saw a smirk on the corner of my eye.

"Are you ready?" Gyth asked. I nodded as I wore the black cape.

Before we could step out of the room, the boy popped in my mind. I looked around the room and he's nowhere to be found.

Without thinking, I reached out to Gyth's hand. He turned around quickly, shocked at my sudden gesture.

I looked away shortly as I felt the heat rushing up my cheeks.

"What happened to the boy?" I asked, sliding my grip off his hand.

"I took care of him when you were asleep." Gyth said and a sigh of relief escaped my mouth.

"What did he choose?" I asked as we walked towards the basement.

"I didn't make him choose." He answered and my eyes widened stopping me on my tracks.

Gyth stopped at the moment he realizes that I wasn't following him behind.

"It's dangerous for a child to stay in a human body Chevel.. It's best that he reincarnated." Gyth said and I nodded in agreement.

He's right. What am I thinking? It's not safe to be in a human form in the underworld. I've known that from the start.

We immediately proceeded into the room where the large mirror is located. He held my hand like he did a while ago and off we go to the human world once again.

I gaped the moment we arrived. It's really the same familiar street I used to live in.

Gyth held my hand even tighter as we floated towards the destination of the last soul.

I instantly froze as we stopped in front of a familiar house.

My house

Fear and panic started to intoxicate my system. I might even go insane.

I stared at the house too many times hoping that it wasn't really my home.

"Chevel you look pale. Are you okay?" Gyth asked. He must've noticed how my hand trembled in his.

"Gyth.." I mumbled, my knees giving up on me. He immediately held me in his arms.

"This is my house.." I said, cracking the last words as tears started flooding down my cheeks.

"Are you sure?" Gyth asked, cupping my cheeks. I nodded as his thumb wipes away my tears.

"I'm sorry.. Do you rather wait for me outside?" Gyth asked. I shook my head and held his hand tightly.

"Okay." Gyth said, his arm still draped around mine as we slowly made our way in.

Every step of the way gets heavier and heavier until I saw my mom on the backyard.

I stopped on my tracks, a rush feeling of relief almost immediately showered me not until I saw the hole on the ground and what she held in her arms.

This can't be.

I shook my head as I watched her lay my cat inside the hole she dug.

I felt a pang in my chest as tears started to fall yet again but this time they fell harder.

I gripped my chest unable to utter a word as tears continued to run down my face. Gyth held my arms trying to calm me down.

My cat is very precious to me. We grew up together. He's family to me.

"Chevel.." Gyth called out to me. I looked at him with a blurry vision from the tears that never stopped brimming.

There stood beside him is my cat.

I bent down immediately cradling him in my arms. My heart sunk as soon as I heard him purr.

"Thank you." I mouthed towards Gyth. He nodded and I settled my cat on the ground.

I kissed my mom on her cheek as Gyth held his hand above my cat's head, the same way he did with the boy.

This time I held his hand before he could even hold mine.

He whipped towards me, surprised by my sudden gesture. I smiled at him in return before we disappeared into the bizarre place.

As soon as we arrived at his room, I scanned around to look for my cat. My gaze drifted towards Gyth and I burst out laughing.

My cat is sitting on top of his head, playing with Gyth's hair at the same time.

Looking at Gyth's face, he doesn't seem amused about it.

"You two look perfect together." I said as his eyes furrowed waiting for me to take my cat off his head.

My cat is pure black with orange eyes and his long fur makes him look like he's wearing a cape.

I laughed as they both had the same look in their eyes.

Once I picked up my cat from his head, I held it in my arms as we sat on the couch.

"What will happen to him?" I asked Gyth, as I brushed the fur of my cat.

"Animals remain in their original form." He said and my eyes lit up.

"Really?!" I said spinning around with my cat in my arms. That soon ended, when a thought came to my mind.

"I wonder why he went here and not to heaven.." I mumbled. As much as I wanted to be with my cat, he deserves to go to heaven. All pets deserves to.

"Pet animals follow their owners whilst animals in the wild are the same as humans, they go in the underworld when they die a tragic death." He explained and I nodded.

I looked at my cat on my lap, a smile planted on my lips.

"I guess you two should be introduced since starting today you'll be living in the same roof." I said, holding my cat in front of Gyth.

He flinched almost immediately, a snicker escaping my mouth.

"Keep that cat down Chevel. I'm warning you." He said, his eyes glaring onto me.

"He's Kuppuru by the way." I chuckled, as he stepped back when I let my cat down.