chapter fourty-three

ALLISON WATCHED AS THE SUN WENT DOWN, HER EYES DRIFTING DOWN TO HER BOOK. She heard footsteps coming towards her and she glanced up, smiling wide once she saw her sister. "Hey, Mags." She greeted.

Maggie sat down across from her, giving her a soft smile. "I gotta tell you somethin'."

Allison furrowed her eyebrows, assuming something bad had happened to her and Maggie seemed to sense her uneasiness and gave her a small laugh, gripping her hand, which seemed to calm her.

"I'm pregnant."

The words hung in the air for a couple of moments, Allison trying to process. She turned away from her, pulling her hand away from Maggie's slowly, giving her a faded smile.

"Please say somethin'."

She didn't even know what to say. The last time someone Allison knew a pregnant woman in the apocalypse was when she had to cut a baby about from Lori, which caused trauma for the woman. For the same thing to happen her only family left... she didn't know what she would do.

Allison had a stillborn child when she was younger, which caused her to go into a deep hole of depression. Beth had brought her back from that. "Uh... wow." She finally breathed out.

Maggie nodded her head. "I know, it's a lot. I didn't mean to-"

"No, it's okay. I'm happy for you." Allison paused, the words finally sinking into her brain. "It's just... what happened with Lori..." Her voice trailed off, the only sound being the wind blowing in the air, making the leaves blow onto the floor, a sign that fall was making it's way around the corner.

"I know. But we have doctors, we have medicine. I think we may actually be able to build a life here, Ally." Maggie reassured her, Allison now being the one to grip her hand.

"I think so too." She spoke, her mind going to Daryl.

"What is it?" Maggie asked her sister, moving a bit closer to her on the bench swing outside the large home.

"I um... Daryl and I kissed." Allison blurted out, Maggie gasping in shock and pulling her hand away from hers to slap her arm lightly.

"About time!" She laughed, Allison turning to her with raised eyebrows and a slightly amused face.

"We're also... sleeping in the same bed."

Maggie gasped once again, her eyes widened even more than they were before. "Oh my gosh!"

Allison laughed at her reaction and bumped into her shoulder, the sun now being completely down, the woman sighing after their giggles died down. "I should get inside."

Maggie nodded her head and the two got up, Allison wrapping her arms around her sister tightly. "I love you."

"I love you more." She replied back, smiling wide once she pulled away. The two said their goodbyes and Allison walked inside, stopping momentarily once she saw Sophia, filling up her glass with water.

"What?" Sophia snapped as she caught her stare. "Can I get water? Or do I need to ask permission?" She scoffed, rolling her eyes.

Allison sighed and walked closer to her, stopping right in front of her. "No... you don't have to ask." She paused, choosing her next words very carefully. "I know I'll never be your mother, Sophia. I don't have the right to tell you what to do and live your life, you do that."

Sophia looked down, biting the inside of her cheek nervously as she listened to the woman.

"I'm sorry for yesterday. You don't deserve to be spoken to like that. From now on, I won't tell you what you can and can't do." She gave her a small, faded smile before she proceeded to walk passed the teenager.

Sophia stopped her, gripping her arm tightly, making Allison look into her eyes, seeing them being filled with tears. Before Allison could say anything, Sophia wrapped her arms around her, resting her head against her chest, sighing deeply as the tears never stopped falling.

Allison wrapped her arms around her, rubbing her back comfortingly, taking this as a sign of forgiveness.

-

In the middle of the night, Allison woke up to someone beside her, making her groan and turn over. Through blurry vision, she saw the outline of Daryl, slowly placing down his weapons on the bed side table, like he was trying not to wake her up.

Allison sat up and Daryl looked up at her, and even in the dark, she could see his lips turn up into a smile. "Did I wake you?"

She shrugged and watched as he crawled into the bed. "You just get back?" She asked sleepily, her nose twitching as it got a sudden itch to it.

"Yeah." Daryl mumbled, looking at her for a little while longer.

Her eyes widened in realization, the woman mentally face palming in embarrassment. "I-I'm sorry. Did you want to sleep in here? Obviously you did, I just assumed-"

"'S fine." Daryl shrugged, her biting her lip to keep from smiling wide. He gripped her arm gently, pulling her into him, sighing sleepily.

Allison snuggled her head closer into his chest, closing her eyes. "Goodnight, Daryl."

"Night."

As she laid in his arms, she felt something stir inside of her, something she hasn't felt in a long time. That feeling was love. She was in love with Daryl Dixon.

a/n

ok,, they both love each other now. let's get them together!!!!!

jk. did you really think that they'd get together that easily without no conflict?? i have A LOT in store for these two *laughs evily*