Author's Note

A Drarry Story. Set eleven years after the war, Professor Potter is taking a group of Hogwarts' pupils into the wilds of the Scottish Highlands as part of the Wizarding Award Scheme Programme (or W.A.S.P. for short). Harry has led this trip for the past six years; the only problem is that this time Headmistress McGonagall has insisted that he takes Professor Malfoy with him and Professor Malfoy is definitely not the outdoorsy type. A lot can happen during four days away from the safety of the school walls. 'It was going to be a dangerous and testing four days for them both to maintain their cordial front whilst being in such continuous close proximity', especially when a messy divorce and a murder are added into the mix.

The narration continually swaps between Harry and Draco's POVs with interwoven flashbacks (in italics).

The W.A.S.P. scheme is based on the very muggle (and British) 'Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme' in which poor unsuspecting muggle innocents are made to do an extra-curricula hour a week for twelve weeks of a new skill, a sport, and voluntary work before embarking on a two-day walking/camping expedition (at Bronze level). This has been adapted to support the Wizarding community.

WARNING: At a couple of points, this story refers to domestic violence. If you think you will find this upsetting or triggering, please don't read. And please, if you are affected by any of these issues to please seek help – you are not alone.

This is a Drarry story (HarryxDraco). Also contains swearing. No explicit smut but I have broken my rule as there are references to sexual acts at various points in the story in more detail than I usually write but it's mostly just fluff interwoven with a bit of angst.

Of course, I don't own any of the Harry Potter characters (though I may add a few new characters as the story requires). Ownership of the incredible Harry Potter universe belongs to J.K. Rowling. No copyright or trademark infringement is intended and no money is being made.

The older Harry in this story is based on artwork by @blvnk. I love their imagining and drawings of the Harry Potter characters – some of which are used for this story (The book cover is a photoshop of two of their artworks).