34: Wake Up Love

A soft beeping in the distance was muffled in her ears... something eerily familiar.

Her head hurt.

She lifted her hand to rub her temple, causing a pinch from something that felt like a needle.

Her vision was blurry, but she could vaguely see a figure huddled in the corner of the room in what she assumed was a chair.

She furiously blinked, trying to clear the haze from her sight, as she searched for an answer to why she woke up here....

Plugged into an IV and belly tight.

Her belly

She looked down, seeing the hump from what she last thought was a dream. The door slides open, a doctor who looked to be in his early 40s greeted her with a warm smile, chart in hand, "Ahh, good morning Mrs. Yu. Glad to see you're awake and well."

I'm sorry...... Mrs who?!

"Do you still feel any dizziness? You seem a bit disoriented..." he said, leaning in tho further examine her eyes as the shifted.

"W—where am I?"

"The hospital. You fainted, but don't worry, the baby was okay. It seems like you have a mild case of anemia developed and caused your blood pressure to drop."

He flipped through the papers on his clipboard, followed by some other routine checks, "Normally this is over during your 2nd trimester, but it could be related to your nutrition.."

He pulled out a flashlight, shining it in her eyes, "How've you been eating?"

"I....um..."

"She barely eats..." a small raspy voice came from the corner of the room. The same boy she remembers from before rubbed his eyes as he yawned, rising from his seat to rest his head on folded arms that lay at her bedside. His eyes were red, the skin around them puffy from the tears he shed that put him to sleep.

"She always sits an watches me eat. I don't see her have much. It makes me feel bad..." he looked down at the floor holding back from another onset of tears.

"You scared me, mom...."

"Good thing he called your husband as soon as you lost consciousness."

My husband?...

The door slid open once more, dark wavy hair trailed from behind the doctor slightly covering their face, stopping from the young boy running up to embrace them.

"Daddy!!!"

"Aye kiddo!" They said, picking him up into a spin, his face still slightly hidden as he placed him back down.

That voice....

"Mom's awake!" The boy said, rushing back to her side.

She kept her eyes on him as his head rose, pushing his hair away from his face—relieved with traces of panic still visible as he tried to hold it together.

"...Ian?"

"Hey baby..." he smiled sweetly, his eyes briefly shifting to the doctor before resting back on her.

"Are they okay?"

The doctor made a side step towards the end of the bed, writing as he spoke, "Both your wife and little one seem okay. Ni'Kya does have low nutrition levels, so we want to keep her here for a couple more days and improve her diet before releasing her."