9

Soana had her eyes clenched shut as she felt the wind on her face.

"I'd open your eyes if I were you. You'll crash if you don't!" She heard Teo yell.

She opened her eyes and blinked rapidly. She grinned widely.

"This is awesome but scary!" She laughed, gripping the glider bar for her dear life.

Teo laughed.
"Just watch out for bugs! You don't want to swallow one of those!"

Soana closed her mouth but still smiled as the warm wind blew on through her hair.

She never bothered to look at the ground since it was nearly a few hundred miles from her. She kept her eyes straight ahead to steer herself away from the objects that hid behind thick clouds.

"That was exhilarating!" Soana gasped, removing herself from the glider.

Teo chuckled then sent her a short frown.
"Too bad you have to leave soon."

She sighed.
"Yes, I know."

They both saw the mechanist in the corner of their sight and walked over to him with Teo rolling his wheelchair at her side.

"Hey!" Soana greeted casually, noticing an Earth green color bag Teo's dad was holding.

"Hi, Soana!" He smiled then extended his hand to offer the bag by its strap.
"I figured I would pack a bag for you. I understand it wasn't the same as your other one, but I made sure to replace everything. I put a sack of apples and tree nuts in there with a new water pouch and a few silver and gold pieces since we don't have any use for them here. However, we couldn't replace your sleeping bag since we only have blankets and pillows, so we couldn't replace it."

"It's alright. You're too kind." Soana grinned.
"I also can't take your money."

He lifted his hand and stopped her.
"I insist, besides we use the resources this place provides us. No more buying food. Farming and growing our own crops are our way now."

The mechanist gestured to the bag for her to take, but instead, she extended her arms and brought Teo's dad into a hug.

"Oof!"

She giggled and patted his back.
"I owe you so much. Thank you."

The mechanist chuckled and patted her back before they drew apart.

"You don't owe us anything. If we happen to meet again, I hope we can discuss everything over tea."

"I can repay you in tea." She joked.

"I suppose so." He handed the strap of the bag to her.

She grabbed the strap from his hand and looked next to her.

"Thank you, Teo." She said, sincere.

"No, Soana. Thank you."

She furrowed her brows.
"For what?"

"For gliding with me. I hope to glide in the air with you once again in the future."

"I'll make sure of it."

"And I will hold you against that promise."

She grinned, leaning down to take Teo into her embrace.

"I'll miss you both." She whispered.

"We'll miss you too. If you can, try to send us a letter every once in a while, so we know how you're doing."

"I'll try." Said Soana, letting go of Teo.

After Soana was glided over to the area away from the air temple, the mechanist gave her a map of the world to show the continents and the way to Ba Sing Se.