Stark!Reader - Killing Boys

A/N - This chapter is based on the song 'Killing Boys' by Halsey, which is a song that I absolutely adore. It's a little short, but I hope you all enjoy it.

You smiled as you watched Arya moving through the city, drifting between people completely unnoticed and heading towards her prey. Of course, she wasn't your sister at the moment, she was a random woman, unrecognisable to the untrained eye. 

When you had first come to Bravos you had been unsure of yourself. Killing was never something that you had expected to come so easily to you. When you were young you had been one of those squeamish girls, the ones who go woozy at the sight of even a drop of blood. Hell, you'd refused to eat meat for almost a year when you'd discovered some of the inhumane slaughter methods. 

But it seemed that you had put your childish ways behind you. Murder was far easier when you understood the way the world worked. Vulnerable people were taken advantage of again and again, over and over until they eventually broke under the weight of the world. And the powerful would move on to a new person, repeating the cycle from the beginning. 

The men were the worst. The ones who went to brothels and kept requesting younger and younger girls. The ones who bribed the poor, hungry girls on the street. The ones who didn't even bother with the bribe and used force instead. You had read so many stories of monsters in the past, but never had you imagined you would encounter them in their human form.

You returned your gaze to Arya again, watching as she approached her monster. He was one of the worst kinds of monster too, the kind who would brag about their bad deeds to anyone who would listen. His inability to keep his actions to himself would be the same thing that would lead him to his death. 

Arya smiled at the man, her fingers lingering on his arm for just a moment as she muttered something. You would never know her exact words, but you knew they would be sickly sweet and totally innocent, the kind of things that made monsters like him go wild. And then, she was saying her goodbyes and heading towards the alleyway that you were overlooking. You weren't surprised when the monster glanced at the man beside him, giving him a toothy grin before pushing off of the wall and following Arya's trail. All monsters were predictable. 

You pushed away from the window, hurrying down the stairs and out of the side door into the alleyway. It was pretty easy to stay hidden in the shadows, watching as he gripped Arya by the arm, shoving her up against the wall and grabbing at her skirts. She remained silent, letting him move her however he wanted as you moved towards him soundlessly, pulling your knife out of its sheath. It turned out, monsters weren't all that smart, either. He had barely noticed that his victim hadn't bothered to put up a fight like the others.

He flinched as you grabbed him by the back of his head, your fingers yanking at his hair to pull him backwards, just enough that you could reach the blade around and run it across his throat. He didn't even get the chance to protest before his knees were giving way beneath him and he was collapsing to the ground with his blood pooling around him.

You glanced up from the monster's shuddering body, your eyes landing on your little sister, still disguised as some other young girl. She smiled, and with the blood that had splattered across her chest, she looked rather startling. "Took you long enough," she teased, shaking her head. 

"He moved quicker than I thought," you uttered, giving a short shrug. "We should go," you added, holding out a hand to help her over his body. 

She glanced down at him as she stepped over, her face wrinkled up in disgust. "One less monster."

"One less monster," you repeated, giving her a soft smile. "Plenty more where he came from," you added as you linked your arm with hers, leading her back into the building. 

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x