CHAPTER 34

When you look at the stars or the clouds, have you ever felt at ease. Like, the slow movement of the clouds calming your inner turmoil. Or the silence of the stars washing away your worry for a bit. These feelings make you wanna stare at the cause for long.

Aayan also felt those feelings, silence and ease. When he opened his eyes, he was first surprised, then relaxed. He just stared at a sleeping Ruhee, who's face was rested right next to his. He just quietly admired her face.

Starting from her silky straight hair, that was falling on her creaseless forehead to her closed eyes, as her eyelashes shadowed her cheeks. To her bulb like nose, and below the nose were her pouty lips. He admired her face as a small smile spread on his lips.

Beautiful.

A strand of hair fell on her face, causing her to scrunch her nose. Aayan's smile widened at her cute face and moved his hand forward to set aside the strand from her face. With his fingers, he slowly swiped the hair off her face, and tucked it behind her ear. He looked at her sleeping face again, smiling to himself.

He was staring at her closed eyes, when slowly they fluttered open. As soon as Ruhee opened her eyes, they met with Aayan's brown ones. And as if caught in a spell, they just stared at each other. The sound of her mobile ringing was just what they needed, to break them out of their trance.

They blinked and turned away, as Aayan rolled to his other side and Ruhee, looked the other way. The ringing continued, so she got up from the floor she was sitting on, or more like sleeping on since last night, and went to pick up her mobile on the couch.

Aayan, who was now facing the other way, saw Ruhee pick up her mobile and answer it, 'Hello.' as soon as Ruhee said that, she pulled her mobile away from her ear, and Aayan could hear a muffled voice from her mobile, even though he was laying on the bed.

Some one sure has a loud voice.

Ruhee placed her mobile back in her ear and said, 'God woman, you didn't have to scream in my ear.' then she heard what the person the on the other line said, 'Yeah, I kinda slept in.' she said, in a apologizing tone. Ruhee suddenly blushed and looked at Aayan for a brief before turning away, from his gaze, 'Shut up.' he heard her say. Aayan frowned

Why did she blush?

Ruhee walked into the walk-in closet and shut the door, thus Aayan couldn't hear what she was talking about. Aayan signed and stretched on the bed. 'Ah!' Aayan said in exhaustion. His entire body was aching, and he was sweaty all over.

What the heck?

And all the memories from last night came rushing into his brain. From him being whiny to holding Ruhee's hand. Sub-consciously, he held up his hand, that held Ruhee's hand all night, and looked at it. He smiled looking at it. He inhaled and exhaled deeply as he fisted his hand and placed it on his chest. He was feeling happy and fuzzy.

What is this feeling?

But whatever it was, it felt good. 'Yeah, Bye.' he heard Ruhee's voice say, along with the sliding of the closet door. He looked towards the door, to find Ruhee coming out with a first aid box. She pulled her mobile away from her ear and threw it on the couch. The mobile bounced on the couch and then, fell of the couch to land on the floor with a clattering noise. Ruhee signed and picked up the mobile, and placed it on the couch.

How clumsy is she?

Ruhee turned and walked towards Aayan. She placed the first aid kit on the bed and opened it, to take out a thermometer. She pressed a button and gave it to Aayan. Aayan, who was still laying on the bed, took it before sitting up. He looked at the thermometer and then at Ruhee. 'Put it inside you mouth.' she said to him
'Why?' he asked.