Chapter 2~The Start of Revenge

Evelyn's POV
When I woke up, soldiers took me and Erik in a dark building. We didn't exactly know why, but they did say something about seeing 'Herr Doctor'. My body suddenly became tense. 'What if he saw me and Erik? What does he want with us?' A million thoughts ran through my head as we walked down the hallway. We stopped at a door and I looked in. A man sat at his desk looking very impatient. Im guessing this is the 'Doctor' they were talking about earlier. I could tell just by looking at him that he wasn't a very pleasant person.
A soldier opened the door and Erik and I walked in. Erik looked right at him as we stood in front of his desk. Me on the other hand, was observing the room a little more. I wanted to know a little more of what 'Herr Doctor' was like before I talked to him. Half of the room looked more like an office. It had a wooden desk, a bookshelf, and a file cabinet. But the other half looked more like a room a torture. A metal table stood in the middle of the room. Various knifes and prongs hung on the wall. I swallowed hard, he was definitely not a pleasant person.
I turn my head back to look at him, I didn't want to seem like I wasn't paying attention to a word he was saying. Then Herr Doctor spoke, "Erik, I want you to move the coin. Evelyn, I want you to freeze the coin." We both looked at him uneasily. "It's nothing compared to a big gate." He reassured. We both breathed in and held our arms out, struggling to freeze/move it. No matter what it just wouldn't budge.
Our arms fell and we breathed heavily.
Erik spoke up, "We are sorry Herr Doctor but-" I cut Erik off. "We can't Herr Doctor, it's impossible." I told him. Herr doctor sighed and looked at us. "As much as I don't agree with the Nazis, they do have a decent method of getting results." He rung the bell on his desk. The two soldiers that once stood in the room came back. They came in with....Mama? "Mama!" Erik and I ran into her embrace, but the soldiers pulled her back from us.
I look at Herr Doctor pull out a gun from his desk. I gasp in shock and glance at Erik.
'What is he doing!' The doctor spoke once more, "Now I'm going to count to three, and you two are going to move and freeze it. But if you don't", he pointed the gun at mama. Now there was no turning back. We turn and look at mama. "All is good" she said. Once more we put our arms up and aimed them towards the coin.
With all our might we tried to do something to it. "One" Time was running out, but nothing would happen to the bloody coin! "Two" All the while our mama kept saying "All is good, All is good." Just adding more tension to the situation. Tears pricked my eyes as I shook. I couldn't bare this pressure and neither could Erik. "Three" BAM! The gun went off. Erik and I stood still by the sound of the gun shot. We turned around looking at the dead body that was once our mother.
Erik yelled in anguish and everything in the room went haywire. I knelt by her body and looked at her. I felt pain and sadness sweep over me. The cold feeling came back and the 'special mark' under my glove began to glow again. This time it was a strange feeling though, like ice creeping over me. Almost like it was engulfing my heart. My skin became whiter and the tips of my platinum blonde hair turned a light blue. My eyes became a dark sapphire and shined like snow. Frost grew from where I sat and spread throughout the room. I couldn't bare to look at my mother anymore.
I saw the soldiers that stood above me scream in pain. Everything around me was either frozen or crushed. Then the yelling from Erik stopped. I stood up and walked next to him, putting my hand in his. He looked down at me with fear in his eyes. Herr Doctor walked over to us, looking positively ecstatic. "Yes! Wonderful!" He put his arm around me and my brother, walking us into the room Erik destroyed. "We can unlock your amazing powers, with anger.. and..pain!" Unbeknownst of us, that that one moment, would change our lives and our destinies.

-In the Future-
Evelyn's POV
"Erik! HELP ME!" I woke up screaming and panting, startling Erik in his slumber. He stared at me, "Nightmares again?" I nodded. I rushed to his side and put my head in his chest. Erik was the only person who I let myself get really close to, and the only one I was ok to cry in front of. Ever since my heart froze over and all the torture, I've become a cold reserved person. All the pain was just too much and I've had to be cold to survive.
I sobbed into his night shirt, barely making out words, "I can't deal with this anymore Erik! Why did it have to happen!?" He rubbed circles on my back, trying to comfort me. "It's alright Evie, I won't let them hurt you anymore. And after we 'visit' the bank tomorrow, we'll have the information we need for our revenge." I loosened up and nodded. I stood up and walked to my bed. Erik lie back in his bed drifting off into slumber.
I stared out the window, watching the people of Switzerland laughing and going to bars. 'Such idiots, partying at this time of night' I thought to myself. I lie back in my bed and pull the blankets over me. I smirked, 'Tomorrow we start our revenge'.

((Comment and let me know what you think! This is also on Quotev, if you want to read it there! :3))