Chapter 48: Still Yours

Stop thinking about it, stop it, you dumb bitch, there's no need to think so much, you're spiralling yourself into depression, stop it, red light, STOP, he's fine, he's completely fine, he's gorgeous, he's safe and he hasn't slept with anyone so stop the damn thinking. STOP.

Luca didn't come home last night.

My miserable mind was running wild drawing random conclusions. I felt like a fucking firecracker going to blow up. If he spent the night, did he.....

I shook my head at myself as I dried my hair. I needed to stop assuming things. There were chances of me going insane if  I continued this endless cycle of overthinking. I decided to block out the little voice in my head and get ready for my interview. I was definitely not in a happy mood but I guess feeling this fiery might work to my advantage. I walked into my closet and pulled out a pair of tight fitting black pants, a  plain white tee which I would tuck in and an elegant cream cardigan. Professional yet cute. I hurriedly dressed up, pulling on a pair of nude pumps. Then, I straightened my hair, applied very minimal makeup as usual and threw on a few accessories. Grabbing one of the few handbags I had, I stuffed my CV into it and walked out. I glanced at my watch. Okay, I'm on time. I can eat something.

I filled a bowl of cereal and just as I was going to take my first bite, the doorbell rang. I groaned and placed the spoon back into the bowl.

I opened the door and found Luca and Ann. My heart stupidly skipped a beat as I saw him. He was wearing the same clothes as yesterday. His hair was a mess but he still managed to look amazing. Ann had changed out of her annoying Tinkerbell costume and was now wearing a pink dress which was also annoying. Well, everything about her was. Each strand of ginger hair on her head was annoying.

A proud grin almost twitched at my lips as my eyes roamed her face. Man, I sure do pack a helluva punch. She had a black eye which looked swollen and disgusting, her cheek STILL had my handprint on it. Her lower lip had a huge red cut on it. And her other cheek was swollen. I think I broke a tooth too.

"You look stunning." I smirked at her. She   scowled at me but didn't say anything.

My gaze turned to Luca. His eyes roamed the length of my body, setting a trail of fire as he went.

"Don't you have the key?' I questioned him, moving aside to let them in.

"He forgot it at my place." Ann responded.

I gritted my teeth and gave her a sarcastic smile "Was I talking to you?"

She glared at me and settled on the couch and was soon engrossed in her phone. Luca walked to the kitchen and opened the refrigerator. He pulled out an apple and leaned against the counter. He gave me a look. Come here.

My feet automatically made their way to him. I took my seat at the counter. There was silence around us for some time. Suddenly, the TV turned on and I shifted my gaze to Ann who had made herself comfortable on the couch, watching Netflix. I clenched my fists.

I looked back at the bowl. At least she was drowning our voices out.

"El."

Just hearing him say my nickname was enough. I looked up at him.

"Are you mad at me?" He spoke lowly, making sure Ann couldn't hear him 

I rolled my eyes. "Oh no no. What gave you that idea?"

"Don't sass me, El." He stated in a warning tone.

"Oh shut up! You don't get to use that tone with me. You hear me? You don't. Do you have any idea how worried I've been? But silly me. You were very busy the whole night I guess, right?" I tilted my head to the redhead sitting on the couch.