Sympathetic Queen Of Hell

Credits to 胡聖 on Pixiv
       [https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/3145551]

"Good Morning, Lucy." The usual police officer greets me at the door when I opened it.

I sigh and ask, "What did Cerberus do this time?"

"No... It's not about them." She shakes her head, a frown was shown on her expression. "There was an accident..."

"Wh-what?!" Modeus gasped. "Helltaker..."

"He's been taken to the hospital it seems." Justice told everyone else. The news quickly diminished the once rowdy atmosphere of the house, all turning into a heavy worry.

"Justice and I will go check him." Judgement said as she put on a more decent attire. "Anyone else might be a bit unstable."

We looked back at the other demons. I could see her point. Justice gave a reassuring smile to everyone and gave a thumbs up.

"Helltaker had gone through hell and back and even survived the Sin Machine. A little accident isn't enough to take him."

What she said was reasonable. But the worry that everyone felt within them did not disappear, it's probably a very new feeling for everyone. Such a strange sensation in your heart... Everyone couldn't help but stare at the front door long after Judgement and Justice had already left.

Humans are weak and fragile creatures... They are easily persuaded, easily tricked, easily hurt, easily wounded. Even the smallest mistakes could topple down like a line of dominoes and take ones life forever. Their lives are very short lived.

I'm immortal, I don't know what's that like. Yes, I was an angel and then I had fallen and became a demon. But that's not death. I never died. All my acquaintances, subjects and... friends, I've met them in hell either as a child of a demon or someone that had already died. I never dreaded the time where I would no longer meet them.

In the living room Malina went on to play her video games to keep her mind off things. But it looked like she wasn't performing as good. She might as well just be pushing the buttons by habit and blankly staring at the screen. Soon enough she failed the game as the character is shown to collapse on the ground. A large 'You Died' on the screen showed up, this shocked her.

      The tv powered off when Zdrada came over and pulled the plug. She looked over her sister.

     "Hey—why did you do that?" Malina asked.

     "I don't think it's best for you to play right now." Zdrada said softly. She came over to her and fumbled her hair.

     Malina leaned over to her sister and cried. A rare sight of the two being together like this.

     I don't get it...

    Why is everyone like this? It's death, a normal part of life. It's not like we don't know what happens after. We had as many of people down in hell! So why is everyone so afraid right now?

"Hey Lucifer..." Cerberus approached me with six worried eyes. Their heads resting on the table as they looked up at me. "What's gonna happen to him?"

"Well, he's gonna die." Pandemonica directly said, though I'm not surprised, she just had her coffee. "And with how nice he's been, his soul might reach heaven."

We looked over to the angel in the room. She nervously looked down with a frown. "Well, he barely meets the requirements."

"So we might never see him again?" Tears started to form on the Triple demon's eyes. Monica was put in a corner.