15 || the rock war

"No, I love being your personal doorman, really. Could you idiots have taken any longer?"

After what felt like hours, you had finally finished cleaning the bathroom, and, while the smell of fresh air when you walked outside was a beautiful relief, Richie's voice was not. Beverly and Bill were the last ones to exit the apartment, which raised some suspicions among the group as to what they were doing. "Making out," you and Stanley both agreed, much to Ben's dismay. You all grabbed your bikes and started walking them as Richie rode around you in a circle.

"All right, shut up, Richie," Eddie said.

"Yeah, shut up, Richie." Stanley echoed.

"Oh, okay, trash the trashmouth, I get it. Hey, I wasn't the one scrubbing the bathroom floor and imagining that her sink went all Eddie's mom's vagina on Halloween."

"Gross, Richie," you shuddered.

"She didn't imagine it," Bill spoke up. It went silent as everyone stopped walking, your attention turning to him. "I... I s-s-saw something too."

"You saw blood, too?" Stanley asked, his voice laced with uncertainty.

Bill shook his head. "Not blood. I saw G-G-Georgie."

"Georgie?" you repeated in disbelief. He nodded solemnly.

"It seemed so real," he recalled. "I mean, it seemed like him, but there was this..." he trailed off.

"The clown," Eddie said quietly. "Yeah, I saw him, too."

You were suddenly finding it hard to breathe.

The clown.

The stupid clown from last night.

Taking a quick glance at your concealed arm, you tugged on your sleeve to hide your cut even further. At least now you knew for sure that you weren't crazy, like your mother was making you out to be.

You locked eyes with Bill, who was looking at you questioningly, silently asking if you had seen the clown too. You hesitated for a moment, then gave him a small nod. He looked over at Ben and Stanley afterwards, and both of them nodded in confirmation.

"Wait, can only virgins see this stuff? Is that why I'm not seeing this shit?"

Unfortunately, before you got the chance to strangle Richie, the seven of you heard loud shouting. You turned around in search of its source when you spotted an all-too-familiar vehicle on the side of the road

"Oh shit, that's Belch Huggins' car." Eddie looked at them nervously. "We should probably get out of here."

"Yeah," Richie agreed, already preparing to leave.

"Wait, isn't that the homeschooled kid's bike?" Bill pointed at a bike with multiple packages of meat beside it that seemed to have fallen out from its basket.

"Yeah, that's Mike," Eddie said.

Mike. You had run into him only once before, and he didn't say much, but you could tell that he was a good kid.

"We have to help him," you said.

"We should?" Richie looked at you, a hint of incredulity in his voice.

"Yes!" Beverly exclaimed.

She dropped her bike, running toward the bushes, and you did the same. You could hear the others copying your actions and dropping their bikes as well (except for Stanley, of course).

When you found Mike and the Bowers gang, Henry was on top of him, pinning him to the ground so that he couldn't escape. He was about to bash Mike's head with a rock, but Beverly quickly grabbed one of her own and threw it, hitting Henry right in the head.

"Nice throw," Stanley commented.

"Thanks."

Mike hurriedly pushed Henry off of him and crawled over to where you were all standing. Everyone picked up a rock and you rushed forward to help him, grabbing a hold of his forearms and pulling him up. You led him to the back of the group so that he was safe from Henry, and he collapsed onto the ground from exhaustion.

"You losers are trying too hard," Henry called out tauntingly. "She'll do you. They both will. You just gotta ask nicely, like I did."

He proceeded to do a disgusting gesture, and you resisted the urge to vomit.

Ben then let out a yell of rage, making everyone turn to him in surprise. He threw the rock in his hand and Henry got a harsh hit to the head once again.

He muttered something under his breath, clearly aggravated. Beverly threw another rock, which just narrowly missed him. Realizing what they had gotten themselves into, Henry, Belch, and Victor reached down to grab rocks like you all had.

"ROCK WAR!" Richie screeched, right before a rock hit him in the head, knocking him backward.

Rocks of all shapes and sizes began soaring through the air as both groups threw them across to hit the people on the other side. You flung the rocks as hard as you could, mainly aiming for Henry.

The rock war grew more intense as Beverly and Eddie got closer to grab more rocks and have a better chance of hitting their targets. The latter even jumped off of the rock he was standing on more than halfway into the water, throwing a rock at Belch and hitting him right on his stupid yellow hat.

You ducked down to dodge a rock that was thrown at you by Victor, then got hit in the shoulder with a rock that was thrown by Henry. It was much more painful than you imagined it would be, but you just rubbed your shoulder, more irritated than hurt.

Swiftly kneeling down, you grabbed a sharp, pointy rock, and hurled it at him with all of your strength. It nailed Henry in the head the exact same time that another rock dug into his stomach, making him fall down in pain.

You looked to your left to see who had thrown the other rock and made eye contact with Mike, who grinned. He had one of those lovely smiles where you just couldn't help but smile back.

You could tell that the Bowers gang were beginning to give up, realizing that they were destined for defeat. You got one last hit at Belch before he and Victor cowardly ran away, leaving Henry lying on the ground all alone.

It went silent as everyone looked around at each other, panting, uncertain about what to do next. Ben made the first move and simply walked away, the others following after him one by one.

You waited until Stanley was beside you, then you set off together. Looking back at the scene you were leaving, you saw Richie flipping Henry off with both fingers.

"Go blow your dad, you mullet wearing asshole!"