l. three

hey y'all 

just wanted to ask yall if you think Arthur's death was written good enough and if it was even ok?

idk

yeah let's get on with Christmas

[fred and george's angst hurts me physically sos]

::

"Merry Christmas baby," Charlie whispered into Sawyer's hair as she turned around with a whine to his warm chest. 

"It's cold," she mumbled. Charlie frowned, confused. The house was, in fact, constantly warm through-out ever since they came back from Arthur's funeral, but Sawyer was cold.

"Come here, I'll warm you up," he offered as she wiggled closer to his chest, and he wrapped his arms tightly around her frail body. She looked much better than she did when they left St. Mungo's, but the fact remained that she was looking thinner and paler. 

The door swung open, and five figures hovered as they stared at the two in shock.

"Hey?" Charlie greeted, turning his head to look at the group. Lee stepped forward, entering the room. Remus and Sirius stepped right after him inside, and Fred and George both chose to stay outside for the moment.

"I'm going home soon, spend some time with my family," Lee said softly, "so I really wanted you to join me for breakfast, Saw." Charlie rubbed her arm and looked at Sirius.

"Of course, Lee," she sighed, pushing up from the warm embrace.  She jumped out of the bed as Charlie sat up, and Remus could not miss the way her knees wobbled, and her eyes lost all focus, like she was barely there.

"Merry christmas Sawyer," Fred said softly, and she stepped closer to him, hugging him tightly.  His heart felt content at that short moment before she stepped off and hurried into George's arms. 

"I hope you'll like my gift, babe," George said smugly as she kissed his cheek. Lee frowned slightly, but the group of friends mistook it for a matter of jealousy over being left out.

"C'mere Lee, you know you're my best friend," she smiled, hugging him. He smiled at the twins and hugged her close, but then the trio stepped out and left Charlie with Lee and the two fathers of the girl.

"She's so frail," Remus whispered.

"And... am I the only one seeing it, or are Fred and George seemingly competing over her?"

"I was just thinking that," Charlie whispered.

"It was never like that before," Lee paused, "you know, before Mr. Weasley passed away."

"His death will change everything forever."

::

Ron sat by Hermione's side, like he did every single moment he could ever since he saw her again. Harry had to admit he was feeling more and more like a third wheel around the household, and he couldn't even talk to Remus or Sirius about that because he was a seventh wheel to the group that centered around Sawyer. Ninth, if you count Kreacher and Sawyer herself.

Fred, George and Sawyer all arrived at the bottom of the stairs when Ron shamelessly asked Hermione what she looks for in a guy. Her brown eyes jumped to Fred for a short moment, but if he heard, there was not a shred of jealousy in his eyes.

"Umm, well--"

Lee tripped down the stairs, and the ruckus caused stunned silence as they watched him slam to Sawyer's back, and Fred caught her with insitincts he must've worked on for Quidditch. George frowned at the way Fred smiled at the girl, and suddenly a horrid scream shook him out of his daze.