Second Arc Prologue

It was dark, cold and lonely.

'I am here again.'

There is not even a sound that can be heard. Back then, I will endlessly run or walk to find an exit, but now, I've gotten used to it, or moreover, I had given up.

I sat down. Even the ground is dark, there is not even a path, it is just dark. I used to be scared of this place but since then, the waking life these days are far more terrifying. So this place had become more like a solace place.

"You are here?"

I look back and I saw the little girl who have my image when I was younger. Her red eyes smiled and grabbed my hand, and we start walking toward the nothingness.

"No matter how much we walk every night, there is nothing out there. Why can't you just let me enjoy this solidarity?"

The girl looked back and smiled, but then just proceeds on walking forward.

It seems tonight's dream is a bit different than the previous ones. At the fair distance is a big wisteria tree. It is full of flowers and just enjoying it's stillness.

"I've never seen a wisteria tree, not in this life nor the former ones."

I have only seen them through the picture books and I've always wanted to see one. Wisteria trees emits this sense of elegance but this one is quite different than the ones I saw in picture books. The flowers looks like they are made of gold, far different than the purple or pinkish colors in picture books.

The little girl let go of my hand and sat down underneath the tree. She whipped out a tea set out of nowhere, then act like she is expertly preparing tea. The girl then pour the tea on the two tea cups in front of her.

Out of courtesy, I sat down in front of her and tried to grab one of the tea cups, then the little girl slapped my hand away.

"Ow! Why?"

"It is not for you."

"Then whose? We are the only one here."

"It is for him." The girl said it while pointing at the trunk of the the wisteria tree.

"Huh?"

Suddenly I felt a strong blow of the warm wind. It is the first, every dream I had is always a stillness, there is no wind and it is only cold. The wind get stronger and stronger and it feels like it is whispering in my ears.

"I miss you." Is something I catch from the strong blow of the wind. I curiously look at the girl and she just smile.

"Who?"

The wisteria tree glows with a light of gold.

"Who are-", I screamed.

But I am no longer in the dream, and I am now awake.

"What...?"

I heard a gentle knock on the door of my chamber, then after a little short while, four quiet maids came in. Like every morning, I get up from the bed and I let them lead me to the bathroom.

These ladies are from the Heart Country, and according to the queen, these ladies been into an unfortunate event and their tongues were severed, I feel sorry for them so I try to make their job easier and just let them do their thing.

Every morning, they prepare my bath and and my outfit for the day, then they fix my dark long curly hair. I wanted to cut my hair, so that it is easier for these ladies to manage it but I was forbid by the king and queen.

I looked at the mirror in front of me. I got a lot taller but it seems I am still having a hard time gaining muscles and weight. I am thirteen years old now and the past seven years, a lot of things surely did change.