25: Taking Care of Fili

"Ah!" Fili gasps, wincing in pain as you rub medicine on his stab wound.

Thanks to Tauriel's healing abilities, the wound had closed up and was no longer bleeding, but sometimes the pain would still flare up.

After a few seconds, the medicine begins to kick in. Fili begins to relax. You run a hand through Fili's hair and lightly kiss his forehead.

Fili looks up at you appreciatively from the table he is seated on. It has been two days since the battle was won. Other than a couple of minor bruises and the occasional outburst of pain, Fili was back to normal. You haven't left his side since the moment you were reunited after escaping Azog on Raven Hill.

"Are you hungry? Thirsty? Is there anything I can get for you?" You look down at Fili.

"I'm fine, love," Fili replies, "Don't worry about me."

You decide to bring him some food anyway.

"Stay here, love," you lean Fili onto his back and adjust the pillow behind his head.

He opens his mouth to object, but you cut him off, "Rest Fili. You need it."

You give your future husband one more forehead kiss before running off to get some food.

On your way to the kitchen, you pass the room where Thorin has been recovering and decide to check on him. He successfully got his revenge by killing Azog, but not before The Pale Orc impaled him. Luckily, the elves were able to save him too, but his recovery has been much slower than his nephews'.

"Thorin," you stand in the doorway.

"(Y/N)!" Thorin smiles weakly, "How are Fili and Kili?"

"You'll be pleased to hear they are both well on their way to recovery," you smile, "How are you feeling?"

"Never been better," He jokes.

You giggle, "Well, if you need anything let me know. I'm off to get something for Fili to eat."

You leave the room, continuing down the hallway to the kitchen.

The pantry has already been raided (probably by Bombur), leaving only a little bit of food for you to work with. Eventually, you manage to gather enough ingredients to make soup.

After combining the ingredients and giving the mixture a taste test, you pour it into a bowl, grab a spoon, and head off to deliver it to Fili.

•••

"Hey love," you stand in the doorway to Fili's room, "Try this. You'll feel a bit better after, trust me."

Fili manages to sit up, leaning against the wall for support.

"Thank you (Y/N)," he mumbles, "I appreciate it."

"It's good! Did you make this?" Fili asks after a few spoonfuls, already seeming more energetic.

"Yes, I did. You actually like it?" You reply.

"Of course!" Fili smiles, "I like everything you make. You always do your best work and you never settle for anything less than perfection."

"That's why I settled for you," you smirk "because you're beyond perfection."

Fili blushes, startled by your words, not knowing what to say.

You take a seat beside him, playing with Fili's hair as he stares at you with admiration and finishes his soup.

"If you think I'm perfect, clearly you've never taken a look at yourself," Fili brushes the hair out of your eyes and places the softest of kisses on your lips.

You smile, knowing you're the luckiest girl in Middle Earth.