Slytherin House

Slytherin House

No one applauded as Ron stood from the stool, giving the hat to a horrified McGonagall. Her eyes were wide and her face paler than a sheet.

Ron's face was warm, until he heard clapping from the Slytherin table. It was the twins. They had stood up and were grinning at their little brother. The others snapped out of their shock and they too clapped.

Severus Snape was staring at the boy as if he were some kind of phenomenon and a teacher at his side with a turban wrapped around his head, was smiling secretively. His now crimson eyes trained on his young Hadrian.

It had been quite some time since he saw him last but he had grown beautifully. The Dark Lord could not wait to get to know him. But for now, he gave Quirrel back control and watched on from the inside.

Dumbledore looked livid as he watched young Ron take the seat beside Theodore Nott, the other snakes giving him their congratulations. Not only had Harry Potter been taken, but now he was back as his original self. Hadrian Black. And somehow, Hadrian had influenced young Ron to be in Slytherin.

He had the strongest feeling that Hadrian had been the one to influence the twins as well since it was known that the twins were often over the Malfoys for the holidays. Meaning that Hadrian lived with the Malfoys as well. But who had taken him three years ago?

"I am glad you've joined us Ron." praised Hadrian and the red head blushed, clearing his throat. "I am too. The hat said I could also be in Ravenclaw but I'd be better here.. I'm glad we didn't have to split up." he smiled and Neville snorted but said nothing.

Pansy Parkinson seemed to be holding back something and Hadrian couldn't wait to see what once they were in the common room.

The sorting ended with Blaise joining them in Slytherin and Albus made some speech that no one at the Slytherin table payed attention too. Except Hadrian. He found it odd that Dumbledore would warn them of death if they went up to the third floor corridor.

What was he hiding?

"First years! Follow me.." the fifth year prefect paused as he spotted the twins among the group of first years. "Fred, George, what are you doing?" he asked and Hadrian gave the boy a level stare. "They are walking with us. Is there a problem?" he asked lowly and the boy stiffened as it suddenly felt as if he were being held captive.

His body felt stiff and heavy. He realized then that the feeling all around him was magic. Hadrian's magic.

"Oh..no. Not at all.." the prefect cleared his throat and could suddenly move again. He avoided Hadrian's gaze the entire way to the dungeons.

The Slytherin common room was hidden ingeniously, behind a stone wall. To enter, one had to knock four times, once on each corner, and this would reveal a portrait of a sleeping snake. You had to recite the password (which at the moment was Naga wing), then the portrait would open, letting you inside.

The Slytherin common room was much warmer than it had been outside and Hadrian found himself smirking at the interior. It was obvious that the Slytherins prided themselves in their luxuries.

The spacious area was lit by four large chandeliers hanging above them. The stone floors were carpeted in silver and black and the walls were a deep grey. There was a large fireplace at the center wall, carved with snaring snakes and expensive looking sofas placed all around.

The walls were lined with book shelves and on either side of them were a pair of spiral steps.

"The boys' dormitories are to the left, girls' to the right. Each room has a plaque hanging beside the door. On the plaque will be the number of beds inside. Once you find a room the plaque will change, citing your year and the name of each person in the room. Our rooms are charmed to bigger so you may room with one person or multiple people. You must be in the common room at nine but lights out at ten. Before you leave to find your rooms, our Head of House, Severus Snape, would like a word with you." explained the prefect and stepped back as Severus Snape appeared, his arms crossed.

His eyes roamed over the first years and all were silent as he began to speak.

"Welcome, first years, to Slytherin House. I am your Head of House and Potions teacher, Severus Snape. Being sorted into Slytherin is a great honor, as such there are certain rules that I expect you to follow." he paused, then continued on when he thought that everyone was paying attention.

"The other houses despise us. They think us evil because of our love for the Dark Arts. For power and knowledge. I ask that you all stick together when roaming the castle in groups of at least three. Should you have a dispute with another student of Slytherin House, settle things in private. The school is already against us, we need not fight amongst ourselves. You will not bully a fellow Slytherin, failure to comply with this rule will result in detention as I do not take points away from our House. Should you wish to break the rules, do not get caught. We are Slytherin, we are cunning. Use that at your disposal. Unlike the other Houses, we are Slytherin, we have been taught proper etiquette from a young age,  I expect your dorms and this common room to be as spotless as they were when you entered them. And finally, you are allowed other friends outside of us snakes, however you will find that only the Ravenclaws truly accept us. And even then there are a few that despise us. Even then, you will not bring anyone to our common room. Not even for group assigned work. Failure to comply with this rule will result in extra homework for a month. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes sir." came the unified response and Severus nodded. "I will see you in the morning to pass out your time tables. Goodnight." he said and left the first years to their own devices.

"You shouldn't be here." Parkinson blurted out, glaring at Ron and the red head stiffened. He was wary. Should he say something to her? Hadrian didn't seem to be friends with her.

"And.. why not?" came Hadrian's cool voice and there was a tense silence as Parkinson paled, swallowing at the snake like stare aimed her way. "He's a Weasley! They're blood traitors!" she spat and Hadrian raised a brow, motioning to Fred and George who were glowering at the first year.

"My demons are not blood traitors. If you accept them, why not Ron?" he questioned and Parkinson shifted nervously. "He's always treated us like the other light wizards. Glaring at us. He even spouted off about how much he loved Gryffindor! We can't trust him."

"But you trust me.. correct?"

Parkinson nodded warily and Hadrian chuckled darkly. "Then trust that if you continue to question Ron's loyalties, we will be having a problem, Parkinson. And you don't want that. Not with me." said the raven and Parkinson paled at the sight of Anubis finally appearing from Hadrian's robes.

The large snake settled on his shoulders and Hadrian reached up, stroking his scales lightly.

"Anubis.. he's never had wizard before. Don't let yourself become his first try."