Chapter 97

The next morning, Jenna woke up with the feeling of familiar arms wrapped around her. So she smiled to herself, turning her head slightly to look over her shoulder, seeing Sirius fast asleep behind her.

She held onto his hand which was around her waist and slowly tried to remove it from her, but he was holding on too tightly.

"Psst, Sirius," she called out in a hushed tone. "Wake up."

"Five more minutes," he mumbled, pulling her closer to him with his arm and tightening his grasp even more.

"But it's Christmas morning!" Jenna tried to reason, still struggling to get his hand off her.

"But it's morning..." he groaned sleepily, his eyes still closed. "Too early..."

"Fine," Jenna started wittily, "but don't expect me to save you if Dad and James burst into the room and see you holding me in your bed while you're shirtless."

By those mere words, Sirius immediately removed his hand from around her and Jenna grinned to herself, sitting up.

"You know, I really hate the fact the you're a morning person," he grumbled.

"Oh, hush." She rolled her eyes playfully. "I'm gonna go take a quick shower, and by the time I'm back you better be out of bed, Mister. Then we can go down for the presents."

"Yeah, okay..." Sirius muttered, closing his eyes again.

Jenna shook he head at him in disbelief, tiptoeing back to her room so she wouldn't wake everybody else up.

It was a good thing that she was the only morning person in that household, which meant that her parents and James would usually sleep in till noon.

Jenna took a quick shower and got ready for the day before returning back to Sirius's room, only to see that he gone back to sleep.

"Oh, for Merlin's sake," she said to herself with a sigh before walking toward his bed, trying to shake him awake. "C'mon, Sirius. It's Christmas."

"Doesn't change the fact that it's early..." he said grumpily, drawing the covers up to his face.

Jenna stood there with pursed lips, thinking of a way to get him to wake up. But a mischievous smirk was brewed on her lips as a thought made its way through her head.

      So with that, she transformed herself into Professor McGonagall and shrieked out in her voice, "Mr. Black! Fifty points from Gryffindor!"

       Sirius hurtled awake and tried to jump up from the bed, only to fall off it out of shock, his eyes widened at McGonagall's sight.

      Jenna transformed back to herself, bursting with laughter as she held her stomach, watching Sirius glare at her while he tried to get off the ground.

      "You think that's funny, do you?" said Sirius furiously.

      "Yeah — I — do," she said between roars of laughter.

       "Oh, yeah? Then you're gonna find this hilarious," and with that, Sirius leaped forward to make a catch for Jenna, but she ran out of the door.

      Sirius chased her downstairs as they both laughed, running around the house as he tried to catch her.

       "NO!" Jenna shrieked with a laughter when he finally caught her from behind and started tickling her. "Stop!" she said, her eyes tearing up from laughter.

        But they both came to a halt when they heard footsteps behind them and when they turned around, they saw James standing there.

      His eyebrows were knitted together into a frown and he looked angry with his jet-black hair messier than ever before because he had just woken up.

      Sirius quickly cleared his throat and stepped away from Jenna, wishing that he had at least put a shirt on.

       "You know," James started, glaring between the two, "I would have said something to you if I wasn't so mad at Mum and Dad."

       "What? Why?" Jenna asked.

      James raised his hand which was holding a note and showed it to them. "I wanted to come down to see why on earth you two were being so loud that I passed their bedroom door with this note stuck to it."

      Jenna walked over, taking the piece of paper from him and reading it through,

We'll be out for work for a few hours, don't worry.
Merry Christmas

      "They keep disappearing like that!" said James angrily. "What kind of a work is it if it's not for the Ministry and they can't tell us about it?"

      "Oh, I dunno." Jenna sighed, shrugging tiresomely. "Honestly, I've given up asking."

      "Well, I haven't," said James firmly, snatching the paper out of her hand. "They can't get out of this!"

       "At least could you leave it for later?" said Jenna sternly, folding her arms. "It's Christmas. Not to mention Sirius's first real one."

       "Right," said James guiltily, his frown disappearing. "Sorry, mate."

       "Don't worry 'bout it," said Sirius with a grin, shaking a hand at him reassuringly. "Honestly with you guys arguing, it seems more like Christmas to me. I'm not used to quiet and peacefulness over the holidays."

      James and Jenna both chuckled. "So how about we go open up the presents?" she suggested and the two boys nodded, making their way toward the Christmas tree and sat down.

      It was snowing outside as they each took their gifts, opening them up cheerfully.

      But despite the happy face she was showing, Jenna too was worried about her parents just like James, wondering where they kept going.