Chapter 5~Expect the Unexpected

Evelyn's POV
     The starry night sky shimmered in the moonlight. Blood boiled, eyes sharpened, and hearts raced. This was it, we we're going to kill Klaus Schmidt. Right here at the docks. It seemed almost too good to be true, to finally accomplish the act that Erik and I have been dreaming of for ages. I had my black sweater, pants, and shoes on to hide in the darkness along with Erik. I put my hair up in a tight bun to hide the blue once more. I may have 'accidentally misplaced' my wig...Heh heh.
     Erik turned his head to me and nodded, signaling to jump in the water towards Schmidt's yacht. Erik silently counted to three and we both jumped in the water. The frigid water made my light blue tips even darker and sent shivers down my spine. This is definitely better than Argentina. Erik motioned me over to him. "We'll go around the left side, jump on, and go from there." I nodded at him and followed his lead.
     We swam around to the end of the boat, and looked around for an easy place to jump on to. I spotted one to the right and pointed to it. Erik looked around for any guards, and jumped up onto the boat. He pulled the metal on my belt to pull me up next to him. We both gave each other a look of agreement to move in with our plan.
     Right before we walked up to Schmidt, Erik turned me and mouthed 'this is it Evie' Dammit why does he call me that. I simply nodded at him, Let's do this. We couldn't wait any longer! We stomped up to Schmidt to whom we thought was alone. Unfortunately, he wasn't. He just looked at us like a joke. "Ah little Erik and Evelyn!" I glare at him in disgust. I glance to his left to see a blonde woman staring us down. "They're here to kill you." She stated darkly.
     Suddenly a sharp pain in my head hit me. Gahh! I fell to the ground, the pain was so unbearable! It was almost like glass shredding my mind apart! Stop! Ahhhhh! Erik and I shrieked in pain. Then all the pain suddenly stopped. I looked up to see the blonde woman...diamond? We both stood up to fight only to have ourselves knocked down back into the water.    
     The cold water refreshed my skin once more. "Erik we have to do something!" He looked me dead in the eye, I knew he was planning something. HONK! HONK! The loud blaring sound of another boat hit my ears. I turn my head to see another boat coming towards us. "This is the CIA, please drop your weapons and come with us!" Someone yelled from the boat. Yea right, like that's going to do much of anything! I guess Erik and I have to put things into our own hands. "Evelyn!" Erik shouted. I look at him to see that he's holding his hands up. I look up higher until I see a giant anchor. I smirked, assuming this was the plan he was thinking about earlier.
     I put my hand out towards it. Ice spread all over the anchor, making it almost indestructible. I jerked my hand back towards me, making large, sharp, icicles protrude from the chains. Erik groaned, swung the anchor around him, and hit Schmidt's yacht. The chain scraped off the top of the boat clean off. But wait. Where's Schmidt? I felt the water below me move...like a turbine? "Erik! In the water!" I shouted to him, before diving in.
     I glance to my right to see him following me. I turn back to see a huge submarine right before my eyes! Damn you Klaus Schmidt, you coward! All of a sudden, the sub stopped moving but slowing crept forward. I turn back to find Erik pulling it back. He's right! We still have a chance! I reach my arm out to the sub and try to freeze all the water surrounding it. The ice I surround it with starts to break. No! Wait! I try again and again but it won't stay put!      
     I felt the air in my lungs lessen and my consciousness slipping away. I take a glimpse to my right hoping to see Erik. Wait, why isn't Erik there?! An unfamiliar hand touched my shoulder. I turn around to see a brown haired man with sparkling blue eyes. He looks so.... CRACK! A sharping pain in my chest overwhelms me. Instantly, my world went black.
     As I began to awake I heard people whisper around me."Is she ok?" I'm guessing Erik asked that. "I'm not exactly sure what happened, but I can guarantee she'll be alright." Now that was someone I didn't know. Maybe it was the man in the water? I'll have to open my eyes to see. I felt tired and wet, so I'm sure I won't be a pretty sight. Although what I'm laying on is comfortable.
     I slowly opened my eyes to see were in a boat, and Erik is standing next to the brown haired stranger. "Erik..", I pulled myself up, "What happened? Where are we?" I asked. The stranger came up to me and held his hand out. "I'm Charles Xavier." He smiled warmly, but I was still leery. I eyed his hand but didn't take it. He awkwardly pulled his hand back and turned to Erik. "I'll leave you two alone." He then walked out the door, still puzzled by the previous situation.
     I looked up at Erik very confused. "He saved us Evelyn, and he's like us too." He saved me and Erik? Well I guess I can start trusting him. He seems rather intelligent. And kind. And his eyes shine like stars....wait WHAT?! What am I thinking! I don't like him! I won't! I can't! I quickly dismissed the thought and look back at Erik.
   "Where are we and where are we going?" I inquired. "I believe we're on a boat headed to the CIA headquarters." I opened my mouth to object, but saw he had more to say. "Don't worry, we'll leave after we get there. I'll be down the hall if you need me." He finished. Wait, down the hall! No! He has to be here! Ok ok calm down. He's just down the hall, you'll be fine. I nodded at him and watched him go, leaving me by myself once more. I forgot to ask Erik what this 'Charles' guys powers are. I need to know what we might be up against.
     I rushed out of my bed hoping Erik was still walking to his room. I swung the door open and ran down the hallway, not really looking where I was going. OOF! I ran into something hard. I hope it's not someone I don't know. All I know is I'm laying on top of it. I opened my eyes to see the one person I really didn't want to see. "Hello, love. I am very, terribly sorry! I wasn't looking where I was going!" O god. I could feel a bright blush rise to my pale face. I could barely look at him without internally freaking out. Damn him! His eyes are so blue, and his hair looks so silky smooth I want to run my hands through it! Damn these stupid girly thoughts! He chuckled. Why is he chuckling? Dang it he probably sees my blush or something.
     I quickly jumped off him. I gathered up all my  courage and spoke. "I am very sorry Mr. Xavier. I was looking for my brother." I tried to say as sophisticated as I could. "Call me Charles, Evelyn. He's down the hall, the first door on your left." How does he know my name?! I furrowed my eyebrows. "W-Wait how do you know my name?" I stammered. All he did was tap his head with two fingers. What the hell does that mean? Ugh, damn that man! I was so frustrated and confused that I decided against seeing Erik tonight. I don't want to think about 'that' man anymore. I retreated back to my room and laid back in my bed. Tomorrow is going to be a very long day.