Chapter 36

The animals stay quiet, taking in what I just said.

"But to leave you in this much pain, it doesn't make any sense!" Lucy exclaims, and I hear her pace around in front of me. I feel Grandpa's hot breath fan my ear, making me feel somewhat calm.

"Tell me about it." I grunt, even if the pain is unbearable.

Lucy takes a breath as to speak, when steps echo through the empty corridor.

That no one heard when Lucy and Grandpa smashed a window was really to good to be true. Now they're all coming.

I manage to open one eye momentary, just to see a group of feet rounding the corner.

Lucy growls protectively, and I feel Grandpa shift slightly.

But then I feel his presence.

"Luke." I mumble, my mouth feeling drier than ever.

"You called for them too?" Lucy questions, although her voice hosts no concern.

I nod briefly, hearing how Lucy moves.

No one makes a sound, it's like no one even breathes.

Someone sits down beside me, and a hand softly rubs my hip. It's shaking, but I couldn't care less.

Luke's here.

The pain increases at a start, but then it decreases slightly. It's enough for me to breathe a raspy sigh of relief. I think he hits one bruise of mine, and that's why it hurts.

"We need to get her out of here." Luke states, a dominant side of his voice showing.

"Can't. Move." I mumble quietly, wincing of pain as Luke momentary hesitates with his hand-movement.

"Talk to the principle. Tell him we need to empty school." Luke redoes his order.

A pair feet run away, as I start to slowly feel slightly better. It's not much, but it's better than nothing. The blood is beginning to dry on my arms.

"Make sure no one sees this. They're not allowed in this end of school."

Another bunch of feet run away, but one pair get stopped.

"Mark, I need you to tell me the hell what happened to my mate." Luke growls, his dominance replaced with something possessive. Although I could have sworn it almost cracked at the end.

"I..."

I mentally sigh, since it's practically impossible for me to do it physically. Sometimes I think I'm a way to nice person.

"I'll tell you later." I mumble, managing to open my eyes and catch both Luke's and Mark's gazes.

"We'll listen when you do." Emight says reassuringly, something telling me that he's ready to slaughter the one who hurt me.

A wet nose nudge my cheek, and I feel how the corner of my mouth twitch. I hear Mark run away, trying to catch up with what I assume is his pack mates.

The pain is not as bad as it was at its peek, but it won't be gone for awhile. I think it's my healing along with Luke's caring touch that helps me concur it, slowly but surely.

"For the love of the Moon Goddess Sam," Luke starts, chuckling half heartedly. "don't do this to me. I'm terrified of loosing you right now, and you should've seen me when Mark stormed in under homeroom. Please don't do it again?"

Luke chuckles again, still dryly. His voice is a little uneven, threatening to break at times.

"It'll take more than this to take me down." I stutter, as I notice how the pain don't get worse when I speak. "No promises though."

"Didn't ask for any." Luke says, as I hear the smile he tries to take into his voice. He's still dedicatedly rubbing my hip, making the movements longer to cover my back as well.

I chuckle quietly, feeling the pain leave me slowly. Although, I still don't think I would be able to stand up straight. I steal a glance on my arm, just to see the bruises slowly beginning to loose their colour.

"Oh, I can promise one thing though." I say, my voice still small.

"Mhm?" Luke encourage me to continue.

"I'll hang in here, always. No matter what."

Luke stays quiet, making the hole corridor seem awfully silent with the exception of Grandpa's regular snorts.

"Then I will too." Luke finally mumbles, and I can hear that he mean it. "As long as you does."

"But that was what I was going to say!" I groan sarcastically, even though my voice is quiet.

Luke takes my left hand in the hand he isn't rubbing my back with.

I smile slightly, still waiting for the pain to get relatively okay.

"Ship it." Lucy states, before I feel her furry head close to mine.

----------------
A/N:

GOD DAMN IM CHEESY. LIKE, SOMEONE SLAP ME.

Anyway, I'm not going to be that active for the rest of the week, due to me not having wifi. I'll steal some wifi when I can, but well well.

Until next time!

//siggeisthedog