Chapter 1

"What?!!!" Both my eyes darkened. "Why wasn't I informed of this earlier?" I said through clenched teeth.

"Agent 13, we decided to inform you of this once you had turned a certain age and had taken a specific amount of anger management classes. Which obviously haven't been working." He said, treading slowly into the argument and maintaining no eye contact, scared at what might happen.

"I had the right to know this once I was able to understand the capacity of the mission! 17 years ago!!! Once I could TALK!" I threw my hands up in exasperation. I wanted to kill somebody.

"Well, you shou-l-ld talk to Boss-sss Nu-m-ber One." The frightened Boss said. Eyeing my wrist knives which had slid out as my anger rose.

The council had decided to let Boss Number Eleven talk to me. A stupid mistake, he was the less genius of the geniuses. He stuttered and lacked courage. Out of all the Bosses, I never showed him respect. He was also the one to come up with the idea to have weapons to subdue me. I hated any idea of weakness.

I sprinted towards Boss Number One's office. I loved running. It makes me feel like I'm flying and free away from this place. The halls are white, blank and devoid of happiness. I wish they would change them to an actual color, but the Bosses didn't want any reason for distraction in this building.

I reach her door and resist slamming on it so hard it could break. I take a deep breath and knock on it softly.

"Come In!" Her voice is cheerful and high-pitched, something you wouldn't think for her position.

I walk in to her office and notice it is disorganized. She stares at me intently and says, " I was just putting the last finishing touches on your mission."

I growl. My mission.

"That's actually what I came here to talk about, I don't see why I wasn't told of this as soon as it happened." My voice is carefully controlled. I'm fighting hard to keep it calm and respectful towards my superior.

"Well Eris, I thought you of all people would have noticed that you have never seen one of the twelve bosses."

"I was under the impression that he was always busy! That he learned of my progress from you. I rarely see Bosses Two, Seven, Eight, and Ten." My temper was rising, so I focused on the sound of my heartbeats, Thump....1....2....3....4....5....Thump....1....2....3....4....5.

"I understand Agent, but you have a curious mind and I would of told you had you asked," She replied slowly. "I should probably explain this to you again, I knew sending Number Eleven would not be a good idea, but you need to learn to talk to him and realize that he is not a verbal punching bag."

"He's cowardly!" I exclaim. "How can I respect-"

"That is enough." She says firmly, shutting me down with a single look. "I know you are still an adolescent, but you will have respect for someone who helped to create you Eris." The aging woman sighs, closing her eyes and rubbing her temples. "Now I'd like to tell you this story."

I nod. My lips in a tight line across my face.

"Hmm where can I start?" she asks herself, "Ah, I know."

"It was back when all the Bosses were together. It had taken five years to finalize the plans for your creation. Boss Number Twelve had supplied a lot of work, almost as much as me. The both of us had thought of over half of the plans to create you. He told me that we needed two projects to make sure our weapon would succeed. They could learn with each other and that having two people of their kind would make sure they would learn everything about themselves. One boy, and one girl. We took the idea to the council and they almost immediately said yes and that it would be a very good idea.