42 - Valentine's

Rushing around to get their plans ready, Hermione and Draco avoided each other at all costs. Draco knew - courtesy of Ginny Weasley - that Hermione was stuffed in their room.

While Hermione, had absolutely no idea where Draco was. She was rushing around their room - with hours of time - trying to prepare for her part of the date.

Draco had been planning a picnic by the black lake (Thank you, Blaise)
He was busy trying to find a way to shield them from everyone else that would inevitably be having picnics. Their food was on order from the elves in the kitchen (though he wouldn't tel Hermione the elves made it) and he had just about everything figured out.
While he was in the middle of preparing the case of flowers Blaise had secured for him, Hermès drops a letter by his hand from Hermione

Draco,
I know you don't really enjoy today's holiday but I thought we should do something anyway. Meet me in our room at half four.
See you then!
Love, Hermione

Draco quickly scratches a quick message to Hermione and sends it off with Hermès again
It was currently half three, meaning he had to hurry and get everything ready in order to surprise her after they followed through with her plans that he was completely oblivious about

As he's running around setting up the last few touches, Blaise comes running over, asking if he had seen his fiancé anywhere

"Blaise. Mate. I don't have time for this. I have to meet Hermione soon. I'm sure you'll find her, she's probably off looking for nargles or some shit. Gotta go, thanks for your help."

Dodging Blaise, Draco runs to their room wondering what all Hermione had planned and if she would be excited for what he had planned.

\\~//
"Hey Harry...I'm worried about Hermione. She seemed really upset earlier today." Ginny says, walking into their room

"How about we don't talk about anyone else today. It's Valentine's Day, babe. She'll be fine. She always is."

Ginny sighs, joining Harry sitting on the floor, petting his owl, Athena.

They sit in silence for a bit, enjoying the quiet before deciding to continue their night and enjoy what Harry has prepared for their date.

"Are you excited for the wedding to start?" Harry asks quietly

"Of course I am! I wish it was under better circumstances but...everyone seems happy. Especially us." She smiles, taking a bite of a bap

"How many kids are we gonna have?" Hardy asks, thinking of their future that was fast coming

Ginny smiles and thinks for a moment.
She loved growing up with six older brothers, but sometimes it could be overkill. She knew Ron often felt forgotten and unimportant and she definitely didn't want any of her kids to feel that way.

"How about three?" Ginny suggests
Three sounded like the perfect number to her, not too few but not too many so they wouldn't be overshadowed...although then of course there will be a middle child...

"Or maybe four." She adds on

"Sounds perfect to me. You know...I'm exited for us to start our little family. I would love for it to be March already." Harry smiles

Ginny and Harry discuss their future for a while longer, deciding on a location for their home - not too far away from the burrow of course. And then moving on to names for their future children.

"How would you feel about using Albus, James and Lily?" I wouldn't mind, I know how much they all meant to you. But I reserve right to veto middle names." Ginny smiles, she would be giving birth to them and while she wanted to give Harry freedom to name their kids - she still wanted to name them specifically what she wanted.

"I wouldn't expect anything less from my little spitfire." He smirks, leaning in to kiss her

The rest of the night went by in a blur as they began celebrating their marriage a little bit early.

\\~//
Knocking on the door, Draco wonders what exactly Hermione must have planned for the pair. He hoped it wouldn't ruin his plans...

"Draco?" Hermione asks from inside their room

"That'd be me. Can I come in?" He asks kindly, surprisingly excited for their evening

"Give me just a second!"

He stands at the door, waiting for her to come get him. Waiting, he hears her rumbling around the room, finishing everything, and he wonders what she's done that is making this much of a ruckus.

A minute later, Hermione opens the door with a dazzling smile, and asks Draco to come in.

When he walks in, he sees the room has been totally transformed...into what he wasn't quite sure.

Hermione smiles proudly at her work...upon realizing that Draco had absolutely no idea what it was.

"It's a film screen! I assumed you've never seen a film and wanted your first to be with me! I brought a few movies to watch. I didn't know what kind you would like so I have a bunch of different things to choose from but of course if you don't want to watch a film then-"

Draco cuts Hermione off with a kiss, smiling at how much thought she had put into this, "This is amazing, Jean...although, I have a little something of my own planned. How about we have supper at my spot, then come back here for a few films?" Draco suggests

Hermione smiles and nods, agreeing with him and follows him out to the Black Lake where he had set up their picnic.
They walk down in silence, holding hands and thinking about the night they would have.
Soon, they arrive at Draco's prepared picnic that was lit with candles and a full spread.

"Draco this is lovely...thank you." She smiles, happy that he had done something for them to celebrate the holiday
Draco smiles and pulls out a bottle, "I snuck it in. We may be head boy and girl but we deserve some fun." He laughs and pours a bit of wine in her glass

They sit and talk for what seems like hours - not to mention they drink the entire bottle of wine. Before deciding that it's time to head up and watch a few films to end their lovely date night.

After Draco has packed everything up, they walk back up to the castle, once again hand in hand.

"Hey...Drake. Did you know, that I love you?" Hermione giggles as they finally walk into their room
"Why, yes. I did know that. Did you know that I also love you?" He smiles and pulls her down to the loveseat she had conjured up earlier that evening

Instead of answering, Hermione just leans in for a kiss

\\~//
:)
I'm back.
I didn't edit this so I'm sorry if there are any problems or overlapping errors...I wanted to get it up ASAP so I will edit it later!
Enjoy, missed you guys <3
Lots of love,
Shelby xx