tumbling trees

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

stan and fifi perched on the couch with a large gap in between them.

"so..." stan spoke.

"so." fifi sighed, moderately intoxicated.

"how's it- how's it going?" stan stuttered.

"stan, stan, stan." fifi laughed as she took a large gulp of her drink, "i heard you fucked syd."

"oh..." stan sighed.

"congratulations..." fifi told him, "i think."

"it's not like that," stan tried to convince her, "i-"

"look stan, i really don't care." fifi told him but deep down, she knew she did.

"hey, everyone!" ricky shouted over the loud music, "bradley lewis is in the house!"

nearly everyone stopped what they were doing and turned to the two. they all cheered as they saw their golden boy's smile.

"speech!" the crowd begged, "speech."

"quiet down." bradley tried to silence them, "now, quiet down."

"he said be quiet."

"pipe down!"

"eighteen years, and nine months ago today," bradley commented as he shuffled about, "george reginald berry and his sweet wife carol-"

"that's not their names." ricky told him with a smile before everyone laughed.

"they were drinkin a little bit of pinot grig and they were blasting some neil diamond," bradley ignored him, "and then nine months later, richard dickwad berry was born."

the party people laughed and cheered, but dina definitely had the most prominent grin plastered on her face.

"and thank God for that, because the berrys' birthday parties are the fucking best!" bradley exclaimed, they all agreed, "to ricky everybody."

"to ricky!" they all yelled while raising their drinks.

"that was something." fifi rolled her eyes.

"i uh, like your dress." stan complimented her.

"it's dina's." fifi admitted.

"but it looks good on you." stan elaborated.

"thanks." fifi nodded awkwardly as she watched syd seize her jumper and rush off.

"should we go after her?" stan suggested.

"if you want." fifi dusted the dress she had on and stood up.

as they walked to the front of ricky's house, no words were exchanged.