Chapter 9: Interrogation

Kim Joon's POV

I thought about what the Kim brothers said to me and decided to give the interrogation another go.It was 11pm but I needed to do this.I took my colleague along and went into the interrogation room where the security guard was.
"I'm beginning to sense that this is a controversy" I said to the security guard
"We think your story might not be straight"Jung Eui Chul who was my colleague said to him, the security guard gave us a stern look but we didn't care.
"Now tell me,is that girl your accomplice?"I asked him
"No...my master asked me to do this... and this"He said then bit a cyanide pill that made him convulse to death.We tried to help him but it was too late.
"How did he get the pill?"I asked Eui Chul examining his dead body.
"You can't trust the cops around here"He responded
"Then why would he confess the truth and kill himself?"I asked again
"Trained to commit suicide?"He responded by asking the same question but in a different way.
"Thats sick man"I said to him.
We left the interrogation room and I decided to call the Kim brothers.I did a mass call,calling Kim Hyun Joong,Min and Kim Sang.Eui Chul was standing beside me.
"He confessed.The girl is Innocent.She'll be ready for pick up tomorrow"I referred to her as a package.I ended the call and went to see the girl but she was already asleep.
"I guess its time for us to leave too"I said to Eui Chul as we headed out.
"Have a good night sleep Eui Chul"I said to Jung Eui Chul tapping his shoulder.
The next morning I came to the interrogation room to talk to the girl holding a file.Eui Chul stood beside me.
"Kimberly Young,you're been cleared of any accusations made against you.You are free to leave the premises anytime"I said to her ironically.
"Really?"She looked excited
"Be happy the security guard confessed"Eui Chul said to her
Min sent me a message saying he's around with his brothers.
"Your ride home is here"I said to her while escorting her out of the the interrogation room.
We got to where Min and his brothers were
"Thanks Kim Joon,i knew you would do this for my cousin"Min said to me
"Believe it or not I'm just doing my job"I responded
"Let's leave this place,it's to cliche,I wouldn't be here if not for my sister"Kim Hyun Joong complained
"Sorry for the inconvenience Hyun Joong and miss Kim"I said but she only gave me a nod.
"See you later"Kim Sang pointed to me and left with his brothers.

I had a flashback of when I and Kim Seoun were still in love and the reason why she broke up with me was because she caught me with a lady kissing or so she thought.
I was on an assignment to get Intel on the criminals of the Dae's Empire. The Dae's Empire had a successful widespread enterprise that dealed in all kinds of business including sales of heavy weaponry.Unforunately his business were legal but the KCIA has been trying to get evidence on his dirty works because he has ties and connections to the Yakuzas in Japan and Triads in China. I had to work with a female partner as a spy to infiltrate a club,we had to pretend we were lovers,what I didn't know was that she liked me,we were not suppose to kiss but she kissed me.I don't know how Kim Seoun found out but I saw her in the club.She caught me kissing my partner,that made her leave the party immediately in tears nearly blowing my cover.