Chapter 43| Rachel

"You were harsh."

"And stupid." Tina piles on to what Danny just told me.

We currently are spread on the floor of the living room finishing up an aged expensive scotch dad had in his stash. Though I hate scotch, preferring my drinks sweet, this was just right.

"Yeah,well screw you. I'm the only one that sees this thing the right way. And if anyone's stupid thaty you." I point my glass to Danny and he groans out loud.

"Here we go again. We cannot pay them! Get over it. We are in deep shit. Don't try to dig us a wider grave. It sucks as it is." He chugs his remaining liquor and purrs immediately another.

I roll my eyes at him and scoff out loud.

"Yeah, team up with him. Prefer the enemy from your own blood."

"Are you seriously saying with words?? I mean how dumb are you to actually believe that?" Tina says while sitting up right. I sent a death glare in her way but she seems unaffected. "He's not the enemy. And I don't think he did any of the things you accused him of. I mean the guy is like a lost puppy not the evil mastermind you think." 

"Why are you defending him? You think it's a coincidence that this happened around the time he started working for Danny?" 

Danny shakes his head exasperated but Tina flicks my forehead.

"Have you lost it complete or are drunk out of your mind? How could he possibly do that? Hacked to your dad's account, bought drugs and ordered to load them on a ship your dad chose half across the world while he was sitting right here sugaring up his daughter? Does it seems plausible to you? Really?" Hearing her say it like that seemed indeed farfetched. Danny scratched his nose looking disgusted.

"Sugaring up?" He asks looking like he is nauseated.

"The mildest way I could think to put it. Wanna say it how I originally planned?" 

"Oh,hell no." He shakes his head and turns his attention back to his drink. I do the same thing and let the liquid poison burn my throat on the way down. I stare the bottom of my glass while my eyes are starting to fill with tears.

"So, that's it? We gonna let dad go to prison? There isn't any way we can warn him?" I sniff and look at them. They share a glance and their faces fall instantly.

"How? It's not like we can call him on the plane."

"And tell him what? 'yeah, hey don't come home cause you're getting arrested. Maybe you should highjack the plane instead'. Be serious Rach!" Tina scolds me and I look at her. Her face softens and she crawls next to me. She hugs me softly and I let my head fall to her shoulder, letting the tears stream like a river on my face.

"Well, that's that. 400$ scotch down the drain. We couldn't even drink our sorrows away right." Danny says and sniffs lightly. He brings his hand to his face so he could wipe the tears without us seeing him but I know my brother a little too well.

"When is he landing?" Tina asks him while squishing his hand lightly.

"In about two hours." 

"Ok, I'll start making coffee. We need to sober up." She strokes my hair and gets up. Danny is patting the place next to him and urge me to go. I move there and hug him.

After a couple of loud sobs I raise my head and look at my brother straight in the eyes. His grey eyes, same as mine, are looking glossy. He's trying his best to hold it up from my shake.

"You.. think.. he did it?" I say almost out of breath. He shakes his head before answering me.

"No, bug. I know he didn't do it. He would never done something like that."

"Then why aren't you helping him? Why aren't you doing something?" I yell at him.

"There's nothing I can do right now. We have to wait and see this through. I'm going to find what's going on and who is framing him, and that's a promise. But we can't try anything sloppy and hasty right now. It will only make things worst. Just go to bed and tomorrow we can see this with a clearer mind."

"Go to bed? Are fucking kidding me?" I move away from him and he looks startled by my outburst.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm going to the airport. I want to see him." 

"No." He says and gets up. I get up right after him.

"What do you mean no? I'm going. I'm not leaving him alone and disoriented while they cuff him!" I yell at my brother's stern face.

"No." He says again only firmer than before. I'm about to protest but he cuts me off.

"There is no way in hell I'm letting you come. To let this moment be forever imprinted on your mind. No way. I'm not having it. And dad wouldn't want that either. So, go to bed and stay there." He yells at me through gritted teeth but I don't back down.

"I dare you to try and stop me." 

"Don't make me lock you up in here cause I will. You are not coming. Stay here, try to sleep and for your own good, please call Noah."

"Why would I want to call that snake?" I scoff annoyed and break our eye contact before I do so.

"Cause the guy looked like shit earlier."

"Maybe his guilt is weighing him down."

"His only crime is that he loves you, and that's that."

I can hear my breath caught in my throat and for a second I forget how to breathe. I slowly turn to face my brother who has a half smile painted on his face.

"He said that?" I narrow my eyes at him.

"No, he didn't. But I could tell. He is so in love with you and it's killing him that you think he is responsible for all of this. He left the office looking like a mess."

"Probably faking it so you will cut him some slack." I say as bitchy as I can while looking the floor. I'll try my best not to show Danny how much it affected me to hear him say that. And how my heartbeats quickened. "Nice try by the way but I'm still going."

"No, you're not. Don't fight me on this. And if you don't want to do it for me, do it for dad. It would literally kill him to see you there. Just please try to take some rest." He says slowly and even though I don't want to, I nod. I know I lost the battle. "But I wasn't try to divert you. I honestly believe Noah loves you. He doesn't deserve you being a bitch to him."

I'm starting to make my way to the stairwell laughing humourlessly.

"Yeah, well, he was expecting that from the moment he met me. I doubt if he is even surprised, I'm queen bitch to him."

"Rach…"

"Save it Danny. Tell dad I love him."

A/N: I'm on a roll people!! That's my gift to you. From tomorrow we're getting in the final round of this marathon. A lot of action is coming, dear old dad is waiting for us. Brace yourselves and be prepared!!
And don't forget to vote ⬇️⬇️⬇️!!!