29*

~Ophelia's POV~

Late on Sunday night, I laid in bed, tossing and turning beneath my blankets as I tried my hardest to fall asleep. But, for some reason or another, I was feeling restless. I couldn't fall asleep no matter how hard I tried, even though I felt dead tired.

I threw my blanket over my face, trying to somehow force myself to fall asleep so that I wouldn't wake up late for school in the morning. Of course, as I suspected, putting my blankets over my face like that did absolutely nothing to aid me in falling asleep. Having accepted that I was simply not going to fall asleep just yet, I laid on my back and stared up at the ceiling, the moonlight filtering into my room through the blinds. It must have been almost eleven PM now, which was bad news for me because I'd get less sleep tonight than I was used to. That is, if I was ever able to actually fall asleep at all, which seemed unlikely now. Normally I was asleep by nine.

While I stared up at the ceiling as I considered how many hours of sleep I thought I'd be lucky to get tonight, my phone suddenly started to buzz obnoxiously loud on top of my vanity, scaring the life out of me for a second. I knew who was calling me before I even sat up and grabbed my phone, which had Luke's name flashing on the screen. Nobody else that I knew would've called me this late, except him, so it wasn't much of a mystery to me.

I answered the phone call, figuring that it couldn't hurt to talk to him since it wasn't like I could freaking sleep. Might as well talk to him, right?

"Hello?" I said into the phone, keeping my voice down so I wasn't speaking loud enough to wake mom or granny. I heard Luke chuckle softly on the other end and then let out a little sigh. "I didn't think you'd answer so late, gorgeous." He confessed, making my lips twitch up just the slightest bit. I rolled onto my side so I was facing the wall, keeping my phone on my ear. "Yeah, I can't sleep. Same for you, I'm guessing?" I assumed, picking at the fabric of my blanket.

Luke chuckled again, a little more distantly this time. "Something like that." He murmured through the line, sounding a little breathless.

It wasn't hard for me to pick up on the odd way that he was acting, but I just shrugged it off, not thinking much of it. "So, what'd you call me for?" I wondered, quietly waiting for him to respond. I could hear the sound of his soft breathing through the line, but it began to get heavier through the minutes that passed. "Just needed someone to talk to. Bored." He said, this time his voice shaking and his breathing significantly heavier. I'd tried to just brush off how his breathing had been growing heavier through the phone call, but I was having trouble. Now I was concerned.

"Are you okay, Luke?" I asked him, slightly worried. "You're breathing a little weird." I added, frowning to myself as I heard him chuckle softly. "Don't worry about it. I'm fine, I promise." He assured me in a low voice, his tone similar to one I'd heard from him that I had been trying to forget. It was incredibly similar to how he sounded that night in Saniya's kitchen. That realization made me pause, listening closely as I tried to determine whether or not I was just crazy or if he was doing what I now thought he was.

"Ophelia," Luke murmured breathily through the phone, so quiet it was almost as if he wasn't saying it to me. It wasn't until I heard this soft gasp of breath that I knew for a fact what was happening on the other end, making my face burn brightly.

"A-Are you really..." I stuttered as I tried to speak, unable to get the words out of my mouth. I'd never been in a situation like this. "Am I what?" He chuckled softly, sounding amused. I was sure he knew I'd caught on by now, but I couldn't find it in me to ask him aloud. "You're...I-I mean, are you..." I was a complete stammering mess, tightly gripping my blanket in my hands as my heart raced.

A muffled groan sounded from him, husky and low. "Masturbating?" He finished for me, completely casual.

I blushed and bit my lip. "Mhm." I affirmed, my thighs absentmindedly clenching under my blankets. "Yeah." He confessed, making my mouth go dry. He was...touching himself? "Isn't that kind of wrong, though?" I asked shyly, but he just groaned softly. "Don't be silly. You know I don't care about what's wrong." He tsked me in almost a playful way. Biting my lip, I stayed quiet, listening to the soft sound of his breathing. Knowing what he was doing made my entire body flush and my nipples pebble through my top, squeezing my thighs together even tighter.