𝑶𝒏𝒆.

I 01

I 01. I

𝑪𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑪𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒅𝒐𝒓𝒔

❝ westover hall ❞

     IT WAS AN EIGHT HOUR DRIVE TO WESTOVER HALL. Eight hours too long. She hated car rides, wanting to move more than she was able to in the vehicle. It was the Friday before winter break, and Sally had helped her and Percy pack an overnight bag with weapons.

They had picked up Annabeth and Thalia on the way. The boarding school was in Bar Harbor, Maine. Sleet and snow pounded the highway, causing all the demigod's to give each other nervous looks, not talking much.

Sally couldn't stop talking. Percy and told her it was because she talked the more nervous she got, so Ariadne, Annabeth and Thalia were told about every embarrassing baby story there was to tell about Percy.

Thalia wipes the fog off the window and peered outside. "Oh, yeah. This'll be fun."

Westover Hall looked like the castle you would see housing a villain in a Disney movie. All black stone, towers and slit windows, paired with a set of large wooden double doors. It stood on a snowy cliff overlooking a frost forest with a grey ocean on the other side.

"Are you sure you don't want me you wait?" Sally asked.

"No, thanks, Mom," Percy said. "I don't know how long it will take. We'll be okay."

"But how will you get back? I'm worried, Percy."

"It's okay, Ms. Jackson," Annabeth gave her a reassuring smile. She was wearing a grey ski cap which matched her eyes. "We'll keep him out of trouble."

Sally relaxed slightly. Ariadne knew that Annabeth was the most level headed out of all of them. She keeps them from being killed, a fact Percy doesn't like admitting.

"All right, dears," Sally said. "Do you have everything you need?"

"Yes, Sally," Ariadne gave her a smile. "Thanks for the ride."

"Extra sweaters? You have my cell phone number?"

"Mom—"

"Your ambrosia and nectar, Percy. And a golden drachma in case you need to contact camp?"

"Mom, seriously!" Percy snapped. "We'll be fine. Come on, guys." Sally looked a little hurt, but the kids climbed out of the car. Ariadne was the last one out, she gave the women a grin before closing the door.

They waited until the car was out of sight, the wind blowing ice daggers through their coats. "Your mom is so cool, Percy," Thalia said.

"She's pretty okay," he admitted. "What about you? You ever get in touch with your mom?"