the one with the trending

“Please don’t let people’s words upset you. It breaks my heart to see you cry.” he said snuggling into your clothed back.

You were both full from the delicious food.

Jungkook only had some sweats on while you had one of his shirts and some underwear on. He was snuggled into your back under the duvet you shared over your bed. It was the most comfortable way for either of you to sleep at the moment.

“I’ll try not to.” you said starting to drift off. A good cry always made you sleepy.

16 minutes later when you were in a deep sleep, Jungkook detached himself from you to leave the bed. He grabbed his phone and went into the lounge.

“Why aren’t you asleep, Kook?” Namjoon mumbled over the line after picking up his phone.

“When I came over to your sisters place, she was crying...”

“Did she read some of the comments?” Namjoon figured through gritted teeth.

“Yeah...Hyung…?”

“Mmm?”

“What do I do?”

“I’ll talk to PD Nim to see what he can do about getting them removed, but besides that you just have to let it roll over, okay?”

“Ok, thanks Hyung, goodnight.”

“Goodnight Jungkook, don’t let her get upset again, okay?”

“I’ll try.” 

It turns out that ARMYs themselves had started mass-reporting the mean comments toward you.

Overnight, some joked you could be Namjoons sister because of your features and by the time anyone woke up the next day there were multiple articles written about you.

You were trending on every platform.

Namjoon video called you the next day, while you sat between Jungkook’s thighs to talk to you.

"You're trending sis. Well I'm not surprised but they've found out so much about you. There are millions of mentions of your name worldwide. Most of ARMY really seem to love the two of you. They're very curious about your story. PD Nim said it would be good to do an interview together to talk about your relationship before people start making things up." Jungkook had his face on your shoulder as you looked at your brother talking through the video call.

"Really?" You asked, the shock was evident on your face that you didn't expect the news of ARMY now hiding the hate from you for you.

“Yeah, he said it would be good to do it with all of us to show that we all support your relationship.”

“Like a united front.” you clarified.

“Exactly.” he reassured and jungkook smiled beside your ear.

He was always amazed by the things you picked up and understood before he could. He was far from stupid but he considered you and your brother much smarter than anyone else he knew.

“Do you want to do it?” Namjoon asked you, making hard eye contact.

“Yeah, if you want to, Kook?” Jungkook didn’t hesitate to nod eagerly. Namjoon and you both smiled at his eagerness.

“We can do it today, before practice, if you can?” 

“I’ll be there.”

“So how did you guys meet?” the interviewer asked.

“Well I was delivering a birthday present to the dorms. I met Jimin and Jungkook when Jimin took Jungkook's controller and all I really remember is him shirtless, really. Oh, and Jin invited me to stay for dinner.”