24

It was not easy. Not that Severus had truly expected anything about this situation to be easy thanks to that old bastard's meddling in places that he once again did not belong. It was beginning to become a bothering habit. Before, when Severus was not entirely directly involved or affected in most ways, he did not care much being under the employ of the other man, but this was going a little too far. Severus was Draco's godchild, he should have been informed far earlier and he was not. As of now, the old man still did not even realize that Severus had found out about his Godson being dragged to a blood traitor family. Something that he was most certainly not happy about. It was not okay, and he was angry that he had not even bothered to try and tell Severus what was going on and instead did a rather horrid job of trying to hide it from Severus. 

But there was one thing that the two would always differ. Severus was a Slytherin, and Dumbledore was a Gryffindor. He would always underestimate Severus because of this. Severus was not to be underestimated. Yet, those Gryffindor kind always tended to do just that, especially since Severus' power did not lay in the physical, but rather, in the mental, and it was something which Dumbledore seemed to forget quite a bit. It was somewhat annoying, yet at this moment in time Severus found himself thankful for it. While it may be annoying, it was exactly this that would allow him to slide himself under Dumbledore and pop right up where the old man thought he never would. 

He had crossed an invisible line that should not have been crossed. Severus did not take well to the other meddling in affairs that concerned Severus. He did not much care if it was not related to him, but Draco was his godson, so it was very much related to him and Severus found himself scowling at the thought that Dumbledore had not even bothered to try and inform Severus of the happenings of his godson. He had undoubtedly had a large hand in the fact that Severus had only recently found out, and he doubted that Dumbledore would have allowed him to figure anything out for much longer than now. 

It was lucky that Severus had found himself rather concerned, and decided to look into things himself. Else wise, he doubted that he would have known anything for much longer a period of time than he had currently. Not that he would have taken any different directions than what, to his knowledge, it was that Fluer had done. He would have done the exact same thing, rather. It was not a good idea for Draco to try and deal with a Veela transition alone, outside of his own kin. He would have probably looked for Fluer himself to ask how to handle such a thing. Or at the very least some Veela to figure out what he needed to do in this situation. 

Right now, he had a lot of plans to put into place and not so much of a time in which to be capable of doing it. He would need to work quickly, and with no little amount of discretion if he wanted to finish this before Dumbledore managed to catch onto the fact that he knew what had happened. He would destroy Dumbledore if anything based had happened to his godson whilst his was staying with the Weasleys. 

It had come to his knowledge that they had finally placed the kids in tradition classes to learn about the ways of the Wizarding World. While that was where his line of contacts ended, and he did not really know why they had decided to do such a thing now, he could only assume that something had happened whilst Draco was with them to make them realize that this was a necessary course of action. Severus was not entirely certain if he wanted to really know what it was that had caused such a sudden change of heart. It would undoubtedly be a large factor, as something small could not have caused this, and Severus was unsure if he could handle knowing what had happened to Draco at the hands of the Weasleys. 

"What information do you need?" He was asked quickly. Severus hummed, pretending to think about it, his dark eyes gazing over all of the malicious items which were hanging around the shop. He was quite interested in a lot of them, but he held himself back, knowing that it was unwise to get distracted. He must get what he wanted, and leave. He had no time for distractions at the moment, though perhaps later, when he had Draco within his clutches once more and away from that stupid meddling Gryffindor. 

"All of it. At least, all that you may be able to acquire. Should you do well, I am certain that it will be more than enough." Severus said simply, with a light shrug of his shoulder. Black eyes glared into the suddenly unnerved eyes of the shop keep. "Of course, Should you not do well, and I am unable to obtain the information necessary to aid me, I shall know that it was only because you did not do your job as thoroughly as you promised." Severus said, watching the other swallow nervously. "Or perhaps, should I take my business else where. I am not too confident," 

"No!" The other shouted suddenly, eyes lit with a fire. "No, of course I can get your information. It should not be too complicated." Severus smirked darkly. 

"Well, I am glad you need no persuasion. How long, do you think, it will take to get this information?" He asked, mere courtesy. He wanted this information as soon as possible, and if this sleazy man was going to take too long he would have to find someone else. While he could easily manage to obtain the information himself, it would be a little bit more risky, and Severus needed to eliminate as many risks as possible from what he was doing. 

"A week, tops," The man said with a slight bow of his head. Severus hummed, contemplating. IT was more than enough time, especially considering the sensitive information which he was asking for. If he truly managed it Severus would be quite impressed. 

"Very well. You have a week. I expect it to be done by then. Or else you know the consequences." Severus said, eyes glittering with dark malice as he stared the shop keep down. The other nodded, hastily looking away.