34. Chamber Spirit

When Vlad came into the chamber, he was dazed. The chamber was circular, with a circle stone in the middle and water surrounding the place.

Vlad looked into the water and stared at it. It wasn't deep, but it was mysterious. He could feel energy coming from it, and it looks beautiful. Staring at the tranquil light, he couldn't help but touch it.

As soon as he did, beams of light came and formed a figure of a young girl with hair like obsidian and eyes like the leaves. Her skin as pale as snow, and expression as cold as ice.

She gazed at Vlad and turned away, walking towards the water. She sat down on the stone in the middle of the room and lifts her foot to touch the water.

"Who are you?" The girl asked without turning her head.

Vlad blinked and looks down at the water. "What about you?"

The girl stopped and replies coldly. "I am the spirit of this chamber."

"Oh, I see."

A sigh was heard from the room. "I asked who you were, boy."

"That's what I would like to know... someone said that if I come here, I can regain my memories."

The spirit stood up and surveyed Vlad. "Ah~ so you're an amnesiac freak? How did you even come here?"

"My body moved on it's own."

The spirit snickered. "You really are a freak. What the heck is wrong with you? You're not even answering me correctly. What's your name?"

Vlad lifted his head. "They call me Vlad Asmodeus."

"Oh, so a kid from a royal family huh. They must really hate you. Sending your here... Vlad right?" The girl smirks. "The last person that came here lost his mind you know? Well, looking at you now, you already seemed to loose your mind."

Vlad didn't move nor did he reveal any expression. "I'm loosing my mind. I— please just help me remember who I am. What I am. I... feel so lost..."

The spirit stayed still as she sees him slide down and finally sat on the ground. Tears began to fall from his eyes, but his expression was still serene, as if his tears was just an illusion.

"Your mental state is too low. It will kill you. Come back when you're ready." The spirit frowned.

"I have been killed already. Right, I've been killed. Killed... I've... been... killed? By who? Killed...killed... I... was..." Vlad dropped his head down as he mutters incoherently.

The spirits walks towards Vlad and shook him. Seeing as there was no result, she slapped him. "Hmm? Still nothing? Let's see... his eyes....Oh! So he was drugged! Poor boy. What could have made him loose his mind? Why would they feed him poison just as he was about to face his shadows? They must really want him to die."

The spirit held on to her chin and paced around the water. "I haven't been outside in quite a while. What could he have been drugged with? Looks like I'll have to start the illusion... perhaps he'll recover?"

"But this poison is strange... he can speak normally at times, yet at other times, he seems to be lost in the world...I should just start the illusion on him now."

•••