6

Ivan’s POV:

I brought Mocha out into the city to get some clothes and some other things he will need now that he isn’t living as livestock in that blackmarket anymore. I told him to stay close to me and never leave my sight because it’s dangerous for him to roam around by himself. His idea of staying close to me though is him holding onto the ends of my shirt as if it were a leash I had tied around his neck. It doesn’t bother me much because it lets me know he isn’t running off anywhere and getting hurt. We entered a store with clothes made for smaller framed people like him and I told him to pick whatever he would be comfortable in. I quickly realized he had a love for long sleeves, sweaters, and hoodies. I bought him a few of each and let him choose some pants, some being skinny jeans and others being sweatpants. He seemed to avoid clothes that showed his body too much which I could understand since he is a shy little mouse.

We walked around a bit after getting him some clothes and he seemed to stop dead in his tracks when we came across a store that was for kids with lots of bright colored items and huge stuffed animals. I couldn’t help but smile a little at how amazed he looked when staring at a very fluffy stuffed animal in the window. I am guessing he never was allowed normal childhood things so maybe he would be interested in having them now that he is more free. Grabbing his hand I led him into the store which earned me a surprised look from him. “You may pick out whichever stuffed animal you want, Mocha,” I leaned over and whispered in his ear, making him blush. 

He started to stutter, “N-no it’s okay sir, I don’t deserve things like this. The clothes you got me are more than enough-” I interrupted his babbling with a stern voice, “Mocha choose or i will choose for you child. I want to get this for you so let me.” He nodded and walked deeper into the store looking and feeling each stuffed animal he passed by. He looked up and saw a small fluffy pink teddy bear and he tried to reach and grab it but he was way too short. The sight made me chuckle before reaching up and handing it to him making him blush bright red. He hugged it and continued to feel it’s fluffiness before smiling up at me, “I want this one please.”

It was cute how he chose one of the really small ones so I didn’t question it, I just paid for it and handed it back to him. The next thing I knew I needed to buy him would probably be his least favorite, a collar. I don’t want to buy it to make him feel like a slave or anything but I knew if he were collared, with my name on it, he wouldn’t be in danger if someone else tried to take him. “Listen Mocha, our next stop is going to be at a place that makes collars. I had one made only for your safety not to make you feel owned or anything. Do you understand?”, I tried to speak softly when informing him about the collar because I was scared of how he would feel.

He surprisingly didn’t look sad but he also didn’t say anything he just nodded which made me still feel a pang or worry. Walking into the shop all I had to do was give the man my name since I called ahead of time so the collar could be made by the time we arrived. The man handed me a black leather collar with gold designs and gold writing saying, ‘Ivan Charleston’ on it. I turned to Mocha with it in my hand and he looked almost excited to see it so I decided I would go ahead and put it on him. It looked beautiful on him which made me smile seeing my name on the collar again now that it was on him. Walking out of the store I looked down at Mocha to see him gently running his fingers along the collar with a soft smile. “It looks good on you and anyone who sees the name will know not to touch you. I am well known as a dangerous man who doesn’t take kindly to those who touch things that belong to me,” I proudly announced to him.

A soft response came from him that made me feel like he melted my cold blooded heart, “Thank you Master Ivan”. ‘I swear this little mouse was too cute for his own good’ , I smirked at my own thoughts. We were done for the day so I decided we could head home now. I have something that should have arrived at home by now and I know it will take awhile for me to teach him how to use it since I know for a fact he has never had one a day in his life. Grabbing hold of his arm again I began leading him back to the car since I am sure he wouldn’t remember where we parked. Getting to the car I had to help him with the seat belt again which made him blush every time I did so.

Walking into the house I was greeted by one of my male servants this time handing me a box which Mocha stared at in curiosity. Bringing it upstairs I handed it to Mocha to open because it was for him after all. He gave me a weird look before opening it up to pull out a phone which made him even more confused. “Why did you have me open this up? This is for you isn’t it?”, he looked down at the phone and then back up at me. I laughed slightly at his confusion, “No that’s for you Mocha and I will teach you how to use it.” He looked completely shocked as if he heard something that was absolutely impossible. I knew this mouse was gonna be a handful to spoil because he thinks he is still seen as just some low life prey to me. I don’t see him as prey to eat or abuse, if anything I see him as something I needed to protect from anyone and everyone.