Strawberries.

24. STRAWBERRIES.

With her body fully submerged in the soapy bathwater, Cookie tipped her head back and rested it against the memory foam pillow. Her eyes fluttered shut as her new artist's R&B album played softly through the little speaker. The bass gently vibrating the floor. She tapped her nails on the side of the bathtub and mouthed the lyrics to a song she'd offered to the artist in order for her to finish her album consisting of love songs. Cookie had found it surprisingly easy to sit down and write a little love song. All she had to do was close her eyes and think about Lucious, as soppy as that sounded.

"Through everything we've been through, I'll still your hand for a thousand years. It's just the two of us. I'll love you forever if you promise to do the same," Cookie sung out.

Lucious sauntered into the bathroom with his hands in his silk pajama bottom pockets as his wife's beautiful voice lulled him to her. With a sly smile - because he knew what her answer would be - he exclaimed; "With a voice like that, you should've sung on one of my hits." He chuckled when Cookie's lips pursed and her eyes opened, shooting straight in his direction.

"You'd have to throw hella autotune on it. I think nawt." she retorted, rolling her eyes. "Whatchu in here lurking for?" she questioned, arching an eyebrow of suspicion. "I thought yo' fat ass was making a snack?"

He sucked his teeth. "I was," He strolled toward her and perched himself on the corner of the bath. "But then I thought you'd want me to make you something, too, Little Miss. Greedy."

Cookie's mouth dropped. "I am not!"

Lucious' lowered his eyes. "Oh, yes you are!" he argued. "I come upstairs with the goods and your grabby little hands are in my plate before I can take a bite." He exclaimed. Cookie pursed her lips and looked away from him, knowing he was right. "Ha, see! I know that look. It's that 'Lucious, you're right but I'm too stubborn to admit it' look." Cookie punched his shoulder as he mocked her voice. Lucious threw his head back and laughed as he rubbed the sore spot from her heavy hand. When he sobered, he sniffed the air. "Suttin' smells good. Whatchu got burning, woman?"

"Cinnamon."

He hummed. "You know what? Lemme get in this bath with you."

Cookie loudly smacked her lips. "I can't get five minutes peace in this house with you." she complained, feigning annoyance because deep down she wanted his fat ass to come keep her company in the scorching water. "It's like when we were back in Philly and it was either you or one of the boys bothering me whenever I managed to get five minutes alone."

Lucious stood to his feet to spin around and lean forward so his face was in hers. "Don't act like you don't love Daddy's attention."

Cookie scoffed and pushed his chest, to no avail as her husband didn't budge an inch. "You wish."

He slowly kissed her lips as he clutched onto the bath side to stop him from falling him. "I'm gon' make you eat those words, Cook." He announced when he pulled back and swept his tongue across her pouting bottom lip. She cocked up a challenging eyebrow. "Just wait." he nodded before he turned around and went to saunter out of the bathroom.

"Where you going, Mr. Eat Those Words?" she called out from the tub with a wicked grin.

"To get a towel, Loretha!"

"What have I told you about calling me by my government name, Dwight?!"

When Lucious strolled back into the bathroom in all his glory and a tub of strawberries in his hand, Cookie threw her head back with contagious laughter that had her husband chuckling alongside her.