51. Goodbye

A few weeks passed by pretty quickly and everybody in the Academy was preparing for the tests.

Including me.

I gritted my teeth in annoyance as I tried to memorize the entire history book, sitting on a bench in the open during the lunch break.

Sadly, I had this stupid conflict with Raashid where he said he was smarter than me.

And I was like 'Excuse me?! I think you used the wrong pronoun right there.'

And then we had this stupid bet where I had to score higher than him and I'll get what I asked for.

And he was the fucking Emperor who's been taught everything more than anyone in this empire. Since he was a baby.

Doesn't mean he's good at it.

I thought,

I am definitely smarter than him so I can definitely score more than him.

My pride's on the stake.

Just a week was left before the tests and then we'll be graduated from the Academy.

I can't wait for that day.

"Choiiiii~", came an annoyingly sweet but deep voice as I turned my face away from the book to look at a smirking Raashid.

"Obeliaaaaa~" I mimicked his sweet tone as he made his way towards me. He would often call me Choi when it's just the two of us. For the first few times, I pointed out that it's 'Haeun' but he just ignored it and continued calling me Choi.

So I started calling him Obelia.

"You're going to love this." He said excitedly as his butler handed him a basket and he pulled out a wooden box from there.

He kept the box in my hands and I stared at it curiously, "Open it." Raashid said as his eyes shimmered with excitement.

I took the wooden lid off and my jaw dropped, "A burger?"

He smirked, "Yeah. I described a burger to our head chef and he cooked this."

"Do you have time for all these things? I thought you were busy." I said as I stared at the burger, my mouth watering.

"I can always take some time out for you." Raashid replied before his butler said, "Let me help you, my lady." and placed the burger in a plate with fork and knife.

I snorted, "Its not a burger if I'm going to eat it with that." I said and picked it up with my hands, so did Raashid.

I took a bite and moaned.

Oof! This is too good.

"It's good." I tell him as he nods, "I thought you'd enjoy it. Since it's our kind of food."

I smiled, "To be honest, I miss my ramen more though."

"Ramen? Who?" Raashid asked almost instantly, his features turning scary.

"It's like noodles." I tell him and he drops his scary face and frowns, "You were talking about food?"

I snorted, "Yeah, we were talking about food from the start till you thought I was talking about some human."

He just huffed in response and took another bite from his burger.

"So...what's so special about ramen?" He asked after a few moments.

"Well, the noodles are long, tasty and easy to cook. It was really popular in my teens and I used to eat it all the time because I was too lazy to cook anything. And then-" I stopped myself before I could blabber more. Raashid doesn't like talking about our past lives...so I quickly tried to change the subject, "Well, enough about me? What are you planning on doing today?"