Chapter 23 ➼ 𝒜𝓏𝑔𝑒𝒹𝒶

ℒ𝒶𝒹𝒾𝑒𝓈 𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝒶𝒸𝓇𝑜𝓈𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝓁𝒹ℒ𝒾𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓃 𝓊𝓅, 𝓌𝑒'𝓇𝑒 𝓁𝑜𝑜𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓇𝑒𝒸𝓇𝓊𝒾𝓉𝓈ℐ𝒻 𝓎𝑜𝓊'𝓇𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓂𝑒, 𝓁𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑒 𝓈𝑒𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒽𝒶𝓃𝒹𝓈𝒮𝓉𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓊𝓅 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓈𝒶𝓁𝓊𝓉𝑒

ℒ𝒾𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓃 𝓊𝓅, 𝓌𝑒'𝓇𝑒 𝓁𝑜𝑜𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓇𝑒𝒸𝓇𝓊𝒾𝓉𝓈
ℐ𝒻 𝓎𝑜𝓊'𝓇𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓂𝑒, 𝓁𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑒 𝓈𝑒𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒽𝒶𝓃𝒹𝓈
𝒮𝓉𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓊𝓅 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓈𝒶𝓁𝓊𝓉𝑒

𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒 𝒶𝓏𝑔𝑒𝒹𝒶

LEXA STANDS IN THE DOORWAY WATCHING as Angelina packs to travel with Roan to Azgeda. The brunette watches as Angelina's hands shake as she attempts to strap her bow to her back.

"Here," Lexa says, moving to stand behind the girl. "Let me." Lexa takes the weapon from the girl's hand, brushing her hair forward as she straps the bow to her back.

"Thank you," Angelina sighs as she tries to shake the nervous feeling that settles in her stomach. "Are you sure that you don't want me to stay? Roan can handle Azgeda, I don't need to go, too."

Lexa shakes her head, smiling as she says, "No you should go. I can handle the war council. But I need you and Roan to get Azgeda to agree to the coalition."

"You made Roan king. Isn't that enough?" Angelina questions.

"Unfortunately no." The girl pauses, watching Angelina. "Nervous?" Lexa asks, leaning against the wall.

Angelina gulps as she says, "Am I that easy to read?"

Lexa shakes her head. "No, I've just come to know you while you've been here with us in Polis. It's going to be quiet without you and Roan here."

Angelina smirks as she says, "You'll have Clarke. Plus I doubt I'll be gone for long. Polis grew on me."

Angelina doesn't miss the shocked look that quickly passes over the commander's face. "How did you?" Lexa trails off, lost in her thoughts as Angelina smiles at the girl.

"Oh please, Lex! Over the past weeks I've been here you've become like a sister to me. Trust me, I notice what goes on with my family."

Lexa still wears the same shocked expression as she lifts her head to meet Angelina's soft gaze.

"You're Roan's family," Angelina continues. "I don't really know how weddings work down here or if they're even a thing. And I'm not saying that anything's happening anytime soon, but now you're my family too."

Lexa shocks the girl by throwing her arms around her. Angelina smiles, wrapping her arms around Lexa. "Stay safe, sister," she whispers as she pulls away.

"Any tips on how to survive Azgeda?" Angelina asks.

"You're worried about them liking you?" Lexa asks, sitting beside the girl. Angelina doesn't respond as Lexa eyes the girl curiously. "Angelina, you bring much more to my people than I can ever show you. You'll just have to see it for yourself. After Nia's death, I can assure that Azgeda will be different than the stories I'm sure you've heard."