Twenty-Six || A Way Out

|| A Way Out

"Hell of a way to start off a year, huh?"

Jacy rubbed her eyes, Stiles' voice muddling through a film of drousiness. "No kidding," she mumbled, only now seeming to notice she was in her own bed. She blinked in the room around her, spotting Stiles laid out on the sofa under a U of M blanket. "What time is it?"

"Nine-ish." Stiles himself had only recently woken up, eyes droopy. "We took you home after you, uh," he hesitated as he sat up. "Jace, do you remember what happened?"

"Just, uh, give it a minute." Jacy pulled herself to a sitting position, leaning forward and resting her head on her knees. "Oh, f-" Her head shot up as she started to pull the covers from her legs, intent on getting out of bed.

"Easy, Jace." Stiles was there to catch her when she nearly fell from lightheadedness. He steadied her with ease, brushing hair from her eyes. "You said Allison's name before you passed out."

Jacy touched her stomach again, "I, uh...she's gone. Whoever took Erica and Boyd got to Allison last night."

"How do ghosts even get kidnapped?" Stiles let go once she got her balance but his worry didn't subside.

"I was hoping I could find out before Erica went missing, and now both she and Allison are gone." Jacy moved past Stiles, disappearing into her closet and coming out soon after in black jeans and a faded blue tshirt. "And who put me in pyjamas?"

"Oh, your mom did." Stiles laughed, running his hand through his slightly disheveled hair.

"Is she home?" Jacy asked as she pulled her hair back into a ponytail.

"No, she left a few hours ago." Stiles lifted an eyebrow, able to see the anxiety on her. "Will you just hang on for a second? You shouldn't be running around after an imaginary sword went through you, Jace."

"How did you-"

"I took a guess at the facts," Stiles finished for her, remembering the death of Allison all too well and in perfect detail. "Jace, just sit down for a second."

"We don't have time to worry about me, Stiles. Ghosts are being kidnapped and someone tried to kill you." Jacy went to grab her shoes but was interrupted.

Stiles took her hands, "Jace, please."

Her eyes were a little bloodshot, holding less of their normal spark.

"I'm alive, okay? And Allison would want you to be all right before you go off and save the day yet again." Stiles ran his thumb along her cheek softly, "So sit down for five minutes and I'll make you some coffee. Then, we'll figure out how to be superheroes. Okay?" When Jacy nodded, he reluctantly kissed her forehead. "I'll be right back. No supernatural business," he said as he pointed back at her, beginning to leave.

"I find that hard as I am a supernatural, Stiles."

"Just shut up and sit your cute ass down." Stiles flailed a hand, going down the hall.

"So gentlemanly," Jacy said to herself, walking over to her boots and lacing them up despite Stiles' request.

"Lucky your sweet Stiles got out while he still could." A sinister laugh followed, disturbed in nature. "I wasn't planning on taking Allison next, but she'll do."

Jacy looked up, stilled in her spot. "You?"

"Me."

Jacy hesitantly stood up from the edge of her bed, goosebumps prickled on her arms from the burning cold. "Why?"