20- Makeover

Ted's POV

Ted's POV

It's the next day and Zach has been calling and messaging me all night which is annoying and cute at the same time. It seemed like he couldn't sleep knowing that I'm angry, which I'm not, cause the notifications kept me up till 12 in the morning before my half-asleep brain finally decided to power off my phone.

I sat on the living room couch, waiting for Lai and Sam to pick me up for my 'makeover'. As I sit quietly, dad and a dressed-up Tessa walked into the room.

"Where are you going?" I asked Tessa.

"I'm going with you for your makeover. We'll help you buy clothes for the party tonight and we're thinking of bringing you to the salon to color your hair blonde," she said as she sat beside me.

"What?! Blonde hair?! Dad, are you hearing this?!" I said, freaking out.

"Yes, I am hearing this very clear," he said as he walked back to his room. He came back and gave us $500 each.

"Call me if you need more."

WHAT?!

"Wha- I don't understand. They want me to go to a party where there is alcohol," I said, confused.

"So what? I haven't seen you do anything besides being in your room. It's your last year of high school, Theo. Make the most out of it and have fun. I can already hear Rosanna shouting 'Have fun!'" He said with a smile.

"I miss Mama," I said with a small smile.

"I miss her too, kiddo," he replied as we heard a honk from outside.

We said our goodbyes and went outside to see Lai's car outside waiting for us. We went inside and talked about where to go.

"We should eat first," suggested Lai.

"Yeah, at the retro diner 10 minutes from here," I said as I got excited to eat those onion rings again.

"You've been there before?" Sam asked.

"Mhm, with Zach," I answered.

"Zach, huh? He came into my room in the middle of the night, almost crying, begging to borrow my phone and call you. Apparently, he thought he blocked you but your phone was just off, probably from the million phone calls and messages you were receiving," She explained. I did receive a hundred missed calls and messages from him and I'm not even exaggerating.

"Almost crying?" I asked.

"Oh, excuse me, crying. I've never seen him cry before. I had to comfort him and let him sleep on my bed just so he would stop crying. He has like a facade of a bad boy but on the inside, he's soft and emotionally weak. I've seen days that he wanted to cry but he stops himself to keep his facade. He really likes you, Ted, maybe even love."

Love? I haven't really loved someone that way or be loved that way before. So, what if he really loves me? It's only been a few weeks before he confessed that he liked me. Is it even possible to fall in love that fast? Well, love is love and you can't really control it but I'll only believe that he loves me if I hear it from his own words.

We drive to the diner and ate there for about an hour. We decided to buy our outfits before going to the salon to color my hair blonde which I'm still not sure about. After paying for our food, we then went to the mall to buy ourselves outfits for later.

I don't really know how to style my clothes. I just take anything shirt that looks decent and pair it with one of my many pairs of jeans. Sam, Lai, and Tessa would be a great help for buying clothes.

We went to a well-known clothing store and there we bought our clothes. They bought for themselves first before helping me pick out clothes. The three of them finally made the decision to pair a yellow net-like shirt, blue pants, and a brown jacket.

"You look amazing. Wait until your hair is blonde and you'll be irresistible," Sam said.

After about 3 hours of picking out clothes which is an absurd amount of time, we then went to the salon to turn my hair blonde. First, they bleached my hair which isn't the best feeling in the world. Then, they toned it and after 3 hours, it's finally done.

"You look so good!" Tessa complimented.

"Pair that with the outfit and boys will start drooling over you, especially Zach," Sam said, smirking.

After all of that, we went back home and prepared for the party. Dad really liked my hair and hasn't stopped smiling since we got home. I took a quick shower and dressed. Looking at the mirror, I see a whole different person. Put me beside me a month ago and you'll see two different persons.

I entered Tessa's room to see her adding finishing touches to her makeup. Waiting for her to finish up, I sat on her bed. She finished and looked at me, surprising her.

"Wow, Ted. You look... different," she said.

"I know."

We walked into the living room to see dad watching TV. Dad looked at us, me, to be specific, and was surprised, to say the least. He liked my new look and gave us full support to go to the party which is again, filled with alcohol and drunk juniors and seniors.

After saying goodbye, we went to our car since I'm the DD and will not drink. Parking next to Lai's car, we went inside their house and to Sam's room where they are frantically running in the room, trying to find something.

"Hey, guys. Just give us a sec. We're just finding Lai's other earring. Oh, shoot. Kaden and Steven are already at the party," Sam said as a message popped up from her phone.

"Maybe you should use another pair of earrings and well just find it tomorrow? It's already 10:30," Tessa suggested.

They took her suggestion and we quickly went to my car. They gave me the directions and I drove to it. We arrive at a big house blasting music and filled with drunk teenagers. I parked the car and we went in, grabbing a lot of attention.

This is going to be a crazy night.