PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE:

PROLOGUE:

The art of working in business management, forming a company across the global grid is as hard as becoming a neurosurgeon. The stakes are different, going bankrupt isn't the same as losing a life due to the complex technicalities of the central and peripheral nervous system. Business is merely just one stem, one cord. One line that leads to countless branches of management.

Poppy Parker's business of Computer Manufacturing and Software Designing is the central nervous system; your brain. She's a seventeen year old girl in the High-school of Queen City High.

She's no normal teenager...she's far more dangerous.

Like most; prom, exams and relationships entangle a teenager's thoughts where insanity is very much possible. An individual's surroundings is dependent on the variables of the rates of their  three entanglements in a generalised high school curriculum.

These chapters in one's life don't state what criteria is needed for each class, how much one must pass to move on to the next year with a rank on success. Poppy Parker's chapter isn't just about surviving the world of business, of entrepreneurship and defeating business oppositions on a daily business.

No.

Poppy Parker's life is a tornado on the orient express. A whole business is placed on this girl's shoulders due to her heritage and the death of her parents too early in her life. She was forced into this life and when there's no way out, the best one could do is make the best of every scenario, every situation, every nook between a rock and a hard place...it's her decision because it's her reality now.

When a business skyrockets and profit overweighs that of expenses...one would find herself with a bank of millions...but not Poppy, No...her bank was that of billions.

Her inheritance places her in the most precarious of positions, finding managers to trust, finding school to be complicated and not for the tasks at hand, but because her closest friends know next to nothing of her family. Secrets are not the key to close friendships, they are a hidden downfall of love, of trust...of life. But, she's a Parker. Its a common name, a common label...not a title, not a legacy. Poppy is the last legacy, it is her birthright to live up to this name.

To keep herself safe, along with her friends and loved ones...Poppy sacrifices day in and out, anonymously and in the shadows where the darkness knows what to hide. Where the darkness knows who to hide.

There is always one who holds a light to every shadow.

Her light...is none other than the lone love, Maximus Myers.

And so...this is how The Lone Dove...beautiful but selfless...meets A Lone Love...romantic but alone.

*****

A | N: I want to thank you to everyone who has supported me greatly through my journey with the this story! All your messages are so very thoughtful and uplifting and I really want to thank you for that. Like any other author, this book means a lot to me and so does my readers, commenters and voters, you are all amazing and I appreciate you all so much! Also, thank you to all those who helped me reach 260K! Xoxoxo

Cheers, darkblonde1

***********************************************************************************

This is the first book in a series of 12:

I do have a Pinterest board for this series, the characters, the fast cars, the insane events

I do have a Pinterest board for this series, the characters, the fast cars, the insane events...all linked here, my lovely readers:

https://www.pinterest.nz/calaismck/the-lone-dove-series/

nz/calaismck/the-lone-dove-series/