Chapter Nine

Archer POV

I was fuming with anger from inside after I came out of grandpa’s study.We are all sitting around the dinner table.Eating together with this kind of family and thing about their motives makes me want to puke.

My soon-to-be wife Yasbelle is just sitting and eating quietly with making any eye contact with anyone, specially me.

Her sister is too busy praising herself and trying to flirt with me. Disgusting!!

Her parents, especially her father, whose too thick faced and have no shame as he is still talking about money even though we're eating.

Is this family for real?

I fake a cough and I narrow my eyes at him which was enough to make him silent.

Then he started to try and talk with me.
"Son! Do you play golf? "He said trying to do small talk.

"No!"Was my short answer.

I do play golf but I was in no mood for small talks. I just want to make it clear to him that I don't like him. And how dare him call me son.

Yasbelle did not give even a glance around and just keep her head down. It’s like she doesn’t exist in the room.

"Archer how about we hang out together sometime. " Then her stepsister said.

Oh I forgot about her.What is wrong with this family??

"No thanks!" I said not bothering to look towards her.

Thats not all, then she kept her hand on my thigh and started taking it upwards. I looked  at her and I narrowed my eyes.

But the women just batted her eyelashes and sinfully but her lower lips like she's trying to seduce me. For god sake, I am going to marry your sister, i thought.

I grabbed her hand and swayed it away forcefully.

I looked towards Yasbelle,who is sitting opposite me, to see if she saw anything. But no! She's still not paying attention to any of us. Her head is still down and she's still eating like we don't exist.

She is looking beautiful in her simple dress. But I hate the fact that she is manipulating my grandpa.

Why is she acting all innocent?

"Excuse me, I am going to the rest room!" She said suddenly. Her head was still down and she asked the direction of the restroom from a maid working nearby.

I excuse myself too  and I followed her.

Before she could close the door,I quickly held the restroom door. She was got shocked by sudden interruption and took a step back.

I pushed her in with me and closed the door to have privacy. I step forward and she stepped backwards. The moment when she can't move back anymore, I kept my arms on her both sides and she had no way to escape.

"So mind explaining to me what happened back there?" I said while staring at her.

She was looking down and I kept a finger under her chin and made her look at me.

"I asked you something.”I said a little harshly.

She flinched from my tone and answered "We were just talking about something!"

"And what is that?"

"No..nothing of your concern.” She said shuttering a little.

"Everything involving my family concerns to me. I have already warned you once and I am saying it again.Make a one wrong move and I won't hesitate to destroy you!" I said and grabbed her wrist as she started trying to escape.