Baby Steps - Jotaro X Reader

Warnings: MAJOR PART 3 SPOILERS AHEAD! Do NOT read if you haven't finished part 3 and don't want spoilers! You have been warned! Also, there's some mild smut in this chapter so if that makes you uncomfortable, feel free to skip.

~~~~~~

Upon embarking on a trip to Egypt to save the world, you had hardly expected to find love along the way. Well, you hadn't really expected a lot of things that happened on that trip.

You hadn't expected a certain redhead to sweep you off your feet throughout your journey, and you certainly hadn't expected to fall so hard so fast. And yet, within just 50 days, you were head over heels for none other than Noriaki Kakyoin.

And then, you hadn't expected his untimely death. You were heartbroken and ruined as you headed back to Japan with Mr Joestar and Jotaro. Since you had no place to stay, they had offered their home to you for the time being. You had accepted gratefully as you knew you hardly had the mental or physical strength to search for a home of your own.

And finally, the biggest surprise of them all, you hadn't expected to be pregnant with Kakyoin's child. When the doctor told you the news, you wept tears of joy as you relished in the fact that you would always have a part of him forever.

The Kujo family took wonderful care of you during your pregnancy. Mr Joestar had had to go back to his home in America not too long after you had all returned to Japan, but he vowed he would return to meet your baby when it was born.

Several months later you gave birth to a healthy baby boy that you proudly named Noriaki, his red hair a constant reminder of his father. Holly was overjoyed to have a new baby around the house and showered him with all of the love and affection Jotaro would never let her give him. Every once in a while, though, you could tell he was jealous of the way his mother spoiled the child. You found it utterly adorable.

Noriaki was now ten months old and healthy as ever. His adorable giggle echoed throughout the Kujo home and spread sheer joy in everyone's hearts. As Noriaki had grown, you and Jotaro had become a lot closer as he took extra good care of you whenever you had a moment away from the baby. He would often offer massages and foot rubs to help ease your stress and you always accepted them happily.

One afternoon, when you were finally able to put Noriaki down for his nap, you entered the kitchen to find Jotaro pouring boiling water into two small teacups.

"I made tea," he said simply. Although the two of you had grown even closer during your time spent living in the same home, Jotaro never changed his 'man of few words' attitude.

"Thank you," you said with a smile, happily taking the cup from his hand. His fingers brushed your own as he handed you the tea and a heat rose to your cheeks.

"I'm not sure how you do it," Jotaro said with a simple sigh.

"Do what?" You asked before taking a sip from your teacup.

"The whole 'parent' thing. It seems so difficult. Not to mention, you're rather young," Jotaro explained.

"Well, it's definitely not easy. But your parents are a huge help. And so are you, at times," you say, teasing him with your last remark.

"I'm trying," he retorts, tilting the brim of his hat down to hide his face.

You chuckle to yourself as you recall Jotaro's first attempt at changing the baby's diaper. He was utterly hopeless and had to have Holly help him finish.

"You're doing great," you respond after you've finished laughing to yourself.

You two sit in comfortable silence, sipping your tea and reminiscing. Your heartbeat rises slightly as he tells anecdotes about his childhood. His husky voice sends tingles down your spine as he continues on. The afternoon is nothing short of pleasant.