50

"JiHyun?" Jimin cries out loud as he runs around the blocks, Yoongi following closely behind. When the boys arrived near the lake, Jimin instantly left the car, not giving Yoongi even a chance to tell Jimin to not get his hopes up in case.

"JIHYUN?" Yoongi yells, finally catching up with Jimin who kept searching. After what felt like forever, they made it to the lake. The lake was hidden under a bridge, one that Jimin and his brother always used to cross over on the way home from school.

Jimin stops and stands still, looking down at the ground. Yoongi stands next to him and puts his hand out, offering it. Jimin notices the older's hand and immediately takes it, intertwining his fingers with the other boy.

"It's okay to be scared. It's okay to be worried. It's okay to feel everything you're feeling right now." Yoongi softly says, squeezing the younger's hand tightly for a few seconds. "You know why that is?"

Jimin nods his head no, lifting his head up to look at Yoongi.

"Because our friends are here for you. Most importantly, I am." Yoongi continues, showing the gummy smile that always seemed to put Jimin in a state of ease. "You ready?" Yoongi questions the younger as he begins walking to the lake, Jimin's steps contradicting the rest of his body that wanted to go and see.

Both boys slowly walk up to the lake and split up, each going opposite directions in search of JiHyun. Yoongi walks on his own, checking the benches and trees on his side which were lonely.

"Where could you be?" Yoongi asks himself, before stopping to do a full 360° of his current surroundings. "Where, just where?"

"JiHyun?" Jimin calls out, his heartbeat quickening with the rising anxiety in his chest. He kept walking, asking people here and there if they had seen a little boy with dark hair.

"No, sorry."

"I haven't, sorry"

"I have not, but I will keep an eye out."

That's all he got in response, which only made him more desperate. If only he hadn't argued with him, if only he had been considerate of his brother's feelings nothing of this would have happened.

"You're such an idiot Park Jimin," Jimin mumbles you himself as he turns back around and begins walking back. It's only a few minutes before both boys find each other, both of their expressions being enough to see that their search was a fail.

"I don't know where else to look," Jimin says, being the first one to break the silence. Yoongi walks up to the metal railing and leans on it, looking out in the lake. Jimin joins him, also looking at the flowing water.

"Jimin?"

"Yes?" Jimin looks at the boy next to him, who was still looking out at the lake. Jimin taps Yoongi's arm, catching his attention. "What happened?" Jimin questions again.

"What?" A confused Yoongi says, wondering why Jimin tapped his arm.

"Didn't you call my name?" Jimin questions again, his thoughts become clouded with confusion. Yoongi nods his head no, staring at Jimin who's face held a pure look of concern. "I swear I heard you call my na-" "Jimin?" Once again, Jimin's sentence is cut as he hears his name again.

Jimin turns around and instantly falls to his knees. Yoongi looks back and finds a boy in Jimin's arms. "JIHYUN?" Yoongi calls out, kneeling down as well to see the boy who had tears running down his face. He grabs both of the boys into his embrace and squeezes tightly as if JiHyun would disappear again.

The three boys stay there, the brothers crying in Yoongi's arms who just had a smile knowing that the little boy was safe.

"I'm sorry." JiHyun's muffled voice said in between gasps for air. Jimin let's go of JiHyun and cups the boys face.

"It's okay, it's okay. I'm sorry, I should have been nicer when you said you missed dad but you can't just run away okay? I was worried! All of us were!" Jimin softly scolds before bringing JiHyun into another embrace.

JiHyun apologizes yet once again before Yoongi picks him up and carries him back to the car along with Jimin. On the way back, the car is filled with silence and little snores by JiHyun.

"I told you we would find him," Yoongi mumbles, as he slows the car down upon a red light. Jimin looks behind him, looking at how JiHyun was soundly sleeping. The sun had fully set down, and the wind was cold against Jimin's soft skin.

"I know, I'm sorry for all of this...it's my fault." Jimin almost whispers, but loud enough for the older to hear.

"Remember what I told you at the lake. I'm here for you and for that you shouldn't apologize. It's not your fault, just a misunderstanding." As Yoongi moves the gear stick, Jimin places his hand on top of his.

"Thank you." Jimin gently says, smiling at how close both boys had gotten over the course of a few months.

The silence was present again, this time being more comforting than sad. When the boys arrived back at the apartment, Yoongi carries the little boy back inside. When Jimin opens the door, the boys inside instantly run to the entrance and silently watch. Behind Jimin, Yoongi enters with the little boy still in his arms. The boys approach Yoongi and take JiHyun away who started to wake up.

"Oh my baby, where were you?" Jin whispers, cradling the little boy in his arms. The rest of the boys bunching in a circle around him.

"Jin-Hyung?" JiHyun says as he rubs his eyes, and peeks around him.

"Hey buddy, you okay?" Namjoon asks, to which JiHyun shakes yes.

"Let's go and get you ready for bed okay? You need to sleep." Jimin states as Jin carries him back to Yoongi's room behind Jimin.

"So he was there?" Jungkook asks when Jin is out of view.

"Yeah, we looked and didn't find him but then he appeared out of nowhere. Turns out he was there for the whole day. He wanted to think about what happened." Yoongi replies, laying down on the couch to take a rest after the long day.

"Poor boy, he shouldn't have to think about these things at his age," Taehyung mutters, snuggling his boyfriend from behind.

"He shouldn't have to," Hoseok adds, looking at the boys which were all tired.

"We should go back home," Jungkook remarks, looking at Namjoon waiting for him to get the hint.

"Oh, yeah I'll drop you all off let me just get my keys," Namjoon accepts as he goes to his room in search of his keys.

Just as they were all ready to leave, a knock is heard from the door. Yoongi quickly gets up, the boys all looking at each other, wondering who it could be at this hour.

"Who is it?" Yoongi calls out as he moves toward the door. Hesitantly, Yoongi opens the door to find someone he detested.

"Hey punk, where is my son?" Jimin's dad grunts, clearly being drunk as he tries to maintain balance.
___________________________________
——————————————————————————
I hope you enjoyed the fiftieth chapter! As I said, when this chapter released, Enigma 'N' Love will continue! I wish you can check it out if you haven't.

Updates for Enigma 'N' Love will be on Friday, 10:00 pm (EST) weekly. If anything, the updates will be two weeks apart if something were to occur. Thank you for all the support! I love you! ❤️💜