Chapter 20: Educated Injury

Before we get going, I do want to say something. Thank you all so much for the astounding support on this story, you guys are the reason I'm still going through with this. If it wasn't for your comments and support, I don't think I would've found the motivation to come back. And I'm sorry I can't always reply to you guys. So thank you guys, again, and In return I will work to get out the best chapters I can. Y'all are amazing, so please enjoy!

"Whats the plan?" Y/N asked, and Ellie stopped again. "I don't want to go with someone else, Y/N. I don't want Joel to leave me. So I'm going to make him talk to me for once." Ellie declared, and Y/N nodded. "Alright, then let's go. I won't leave you, no matter what." Y/N said, and a smile went across Ellie's face. She dragged him again, this time over to a Horse. Perfect, no one was watching. Ellie got on, and Y/N got on right behind her, due to his dislike for horses. The gate was open too, a party seemed to be arriving. Ellie nodded, and suddenly the horse was off, taking them out of the dam in a flash.

Chapter 20

The sound of galloping was all that could be heard in the wilderness, well. That and gunfire. Ellie was ducking low as she kept the horse in control, and Y/N was holding her close with one hand, his other firing off several rounds to the bandits that were shooting back. "Ellie!" Y/N started, and she scoffed. "Don't you say it!" She shouted back, and he kept his mouth shut. Another round fired, and he watched as it ripped through a Man's skull. "Look- up ahead!" Ellie claimed as they emerged from the death trap, seeing what looking an open stretch of road. "Hold on!" She called back, and Y/N quickly holstered his gun, holding on tight to Ellie. The horse picked up speed as it went down the road, some stray bullets went past them, but they were soon out of sight.

"Holy shit!" Ellie breathed out as she looked back, Y/N was still trying to keep an eye out. "I'm gonna say it, this was a horrible idea." Y/N said, and Ellie gave him a punch in the shoulder, while she was still looking back. "Ellie, go left." Y/N instructed, pointing at the gate that was open, leading to a house that was out in the country. Ellie quickly turned to horse, taking him up to the patio. Y/N swung his leg around, sliding off, landing very shakily. "Jesus, I'm not getting on a horse again." He stated, Ellie giving him a laugh as she headed into the house. Y/N looked after her, feeling extremely conflicted about what was going on.

The horse breathed out, and took Y/N's attention. The boy walked over, hitching the horse to the fence, where there was some grass nearby. "We'll be back, Red." He said, patting the horse softly as he walked in as well. "Ellie!" He called through the house, looking around. There was some nice stuff here, almost like the place had yet to be touched after everything went to shit. "Up here!" Ellie called, and Y/N gave a sigh, heading up the stairs and onto the second floor. He huffed slightly, glancing around the rooms with an odd look. This house seemed almost foreign to him, he had no idea anyone could have lived like this. All he's ever known was the outbreak.

"Ellie." He said quietly, asking forward and pushing open the only door that was cracked. Ellie was looking around the room, not paying attention to the boy that had just walked in. "What's the plan?" He asked now, keeping his eyes on her, even if she didn't look back. "I want Joel to say something to us, I'm tired of being treated like a child! I want him to tell us what's going on!" Ellie stated, slamming a book down. Y/N shook his head, not really knowing how to respond to that. He never wanted that recognition, because he already had it. For some time, then lost it, and it became something he was scared to get back.

Just as Y/N opened his mouth to say something, he heard a horse from outside. "Stay here." He said, turning and quickly moving down the stairs. Ellie looked exasperated, wanting to call out, but she held it back. Y/N made his way down the stairs, hearing the door being forced open, he took his handgun out and turned the corner, to be met with Joel and Tommy. His gun lowers swiftly, a breath of relief as the two rushed in. Joel came up, grabbing the boy lightly by his shoulders. "That was pretty damn stupid." He grumbled, glancing around. "Ellie-" Joel began, but the teenager stepped aside and pointed up the stairs. Joe gave a nod, before rushing up after them. "We'll stay down here and make sure we weren't followed." Tommy called after his brother, giving a sigh.