Chaper 21: With Hell Frozen Over

Everyone! Before we get started, I got something to say. Can all of you do me a quick favor, and head on over to YouTube, and look up SourceSpy91. He has a 10 hour long video of The Last of Us gameplay, along with a 24 Hour video for The Last of Us Part 2. They both have no commentary and barely any ads, and this man was sent from the heavens, because without him writing this story would be a pain in the ass. So go check him out, maybe give him a subscribe while you're at it.

Anyways, no more promoting other people, I just wanted to help him get some recognition he deserved. This story has expanded so much, and I'm so thankful, and honestly surprised. At the start of this, I began this story for a little fun, just wanting to put it out there. And immediately it was met with so many people reading it and voting, so I kept going. And honestly, I've gotten so much further than I ever expected this to come. So I promise you this, I will finish this story. And thank you all so much for this astounding support.

Ellie got on after, as Joel had Callus head off. Y/N put two fingers in his mouth, letting out a piercing whistle as he started forward. Ignoring the pain, he picked up his pace as he approached a small ramp, taking a couple steps and jumping off. Steps came by rapidly as Red ran underneath him, and Y/N landed on top, following after the two. Y/N's vision was narrowing, as he leaned heavily against the horse. The horses galloped away, getting a great distance before slowing to a trot. "I think we're safe." Ellie said, looking at the distant place that was the university. "Y/N?" She said, seeing the horse behind them. More specifically, his rider, who was leaning over, his eyes closing until, he was fully off. "Y/N!" She called, and soon after, Joel met the ground as well, both of them were out cold.

Chapter 21

Another drawer slammed roughly as her hands moved quickly. "Damnit!" Ellie called out, another drawer slamming soon after. "Come on!" She repeated, quickly shuffling through the drawers that laid out. "Fuck! Give me something!" She shouted, going until she got to the last drawer, relieved to find some duct tape. "Yes!" Ellie cheered slightly, grabbing it quickly and heading over to Joel, who was unconscious and on the ground. "Ok, I'm gonna put you on your side." Ellie said, putting her might to push him up a bit. Working fast, Ellie pulled up his shirt, setting down her old one on his wound and using tape to secure it. Hopefully, it would act as a decent makeshift bandage. She rolled him back over, letting him rest on his back. "That should buy us some time. Now it's your turn." She said, turning over quickly.

"Don't take your other shirt off, that would get real awkward real fast." Y/N warned, wincing slightly as he laughed. "Shut it, I'm using yours." She said, grabbing the teenager's old shirt, and going to do the same on his shoulder. "Hold on a second." He grumbled, stopping her for a moment. "Don't protest you were shot!" Ellie tried to bring up, but he shook his head. "That's not what I'm saying. That bullet..." Y/N winced a bit midway through his sentence. "It's been in there too long, we have to pull it out or antibiotics won't do shit." Ellie stammered a bit, seeing the look in his eyes to know that he wasn't kidding.

"I can't pull out a bullet- I've never-" she began to protest, but he interrupted her. "You don't have too, just get me something to pull it out with and a mirror." Y/N said, grimacing again. With the adrenaline from the University now gone, he was feeling an insane amount of pain through him constantly. That's what had originally caused him to collapse over. Ellie gave a nod, a worried look as she raced off to go grab what Y/N asked for. Moments later, she came back with a glass shard and some tweezers. "Yep, that'll be good." Y/N said, reaching out for the tweezers. "Hold the glass up to my shoulder, don't cut yourself."

Ellie followed along numbly, and Y/N took a deep breath. He knew how much this was about to hurt, but that bullet couldn't stay in much longer without something worse occurring. He took another breath, nodding as he reached in. White hot pain flashed through him as he grunted in pain, trying to stay focused as he saw through the mirror. The tweezers tapped the bullet, and he grit his teeth as he grasped the round, pulling it out slowly. As soon as it left, he let it drop as he started breathing a bit heavy. The pain still firing through his body.