Chapter 23: Meet Wrath

You guys like that trailer? I finally have the next book planned out, and I feel confident in this story. So, I hope you enjoyed that trailer, because I did! Anyways, can you all believe we're only 4 chapters out? Man... that one kinda hurts. I'll do my best to get these next couple chapters out as soon as possible, and hopefully not wait another month. I'm trying, I swear. Anyways, I think we all know what's coming up. May David forever RIP.

Also, do you guys know what confused me? This is a mature story... it is rated mature, I've marked it as such. So, I gotta ask, why does it mark any comment with a swear word as "Flagged as offensive?" Out of everything, really? I dunno, just me ranting a bit here. Anyways, enough of that. Let's get going.

"The others won't be happy about this." James warned, and Y/N still had a weapon aimed at him. "You won't have to worry about that." He spoke in a threatening tone. "Yeah, well that's not your concern." David spoke to James, not having heard Y/N. Ellie, with her gun also on James, bent down and picked up the bag of medicine. "Move the Fuck out of the way." Ellie demanded, and Y/N let pressure go as James moved. Ellie backed out slowly, her gun still aimed at him. Ellie and Y/N both backed out, their guns raised. "I can protect you." David spoke, and his tone was genuine. "No thanks." Ellie spoke, and two got away.

Chapter 23

"He knew from the beginning? Then why did he help us?!" Ellie called out, the wind was rushing past her ears, making her voice seems drowned out. To the right of her, Y/N was matching her pace as they ran for it. No point in sticking around with people who want to kill you. "Because what he was saying was genuine." Y/N pointed out, which caused him to shiver. "That's what scares me more." The two kept moving, back into the winter woods that they were at originally. It wasn't clear if they were being followed, but that was not a risk they were willing to take.

"Callus!" Ellie said with a breath of relief that was mixed in with the ones of panic. "Oh man, what a good horse. Come on, we're hauling ass." Y/N said, taking the horse's lead off the branch. "Let's get outta here." Ellie said breathlessly, waiting for Y/N to get on so she could get on behind him. Y/N took one last look back to make sure they weren't followed, then took off. "Come on!" He called, kicking Callus slightly to make him run faster.

The scenery passed around them as the they made a break for it, not stopping at any point. Even after Y/N cleared them from being followed, it was smarter to get there as soon as possible. They only slowed as they came up on a familiar cabin, the two quickly getting of Callus. Paranoid glances were shared as the lead the horse quickly to the cabin. Y/N went ahead, lifting up the garage door so Ellie could lead the horse in. When the two were in, he slipped around lowered it slowly. Ellie gave Callus a pat as the two took a small moment to catch their breaths. "Right, come on."

They knew this place like the back of their hands already, making their way down some stairs into the basement. The unconscious form of Joel was laying, covered up but still freezing. "Joel?" Ellie called out, a bit of a worried look in her face as she saw he wasn't breathing. That lasted for a moment, because soon after Joel took a shaky breath, which caused the two of them to breathe another sigh of a relief. "Oh." Ellie said gratefully, making her way over and kneeling by him. "We only managed to get a bit of food." She said quietly, fidgeting with her bag.

"But, I did get this." Ellie stated, bringing out a syringe and a capsule of antibiotics. Y/N stood idly by, watching the interaction between the two. A lot was clear to him, one was how much Joel cared for the two of them, and another was that he would do anything for these two. That was a dangerous aspect, but something he would never let go of. "I need you to move your arm." Ellie said, taking the blanket down. Y/N finally snapped out of his thoughts, walking over and kneeling by him. He helped raise Joel's shirt enough to see the wound, which wasn't looking good. Ellie filled the syringe, as Y/N inspected it. He really wasn't too sure what he was looking for, but last he checked, skin wasn't supposed to be purple.