𝗖𝗵. 𝟲

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗
𝘚𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘴 𝘜𝘯𝘷𝘦𝘪𝘭𝘦𝘥

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝘚𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘴 𝘜𝘯𝘷𝘦𝘪𝘭𝘦𝘥

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

THE FIRE NATION VESSEL sailed through the cold and frigid waters of the South Pole at a velocity that ripped through the tides with ease and scarcely even caused the ship to rock against any of the waves that crashed into its metal exterior while nothing but ice and snow—along with the odd penguin—surrounded it for miles. It was chilly when Elua and Aang were brought to stand on the main deck of the ship, a guard posted on either side of them while the Fire Nation teen stood in front of them, where he examined their unopened gliders as if they were rare antiques to him.

          "These staves will make excellent gifts for my father," the teenager spoke as he looked away from the objects and over at the two people in front of him. "I suppose you wouldn't know of fathers—being raised by monks," he dared in an attempt to get some kind of reaction out of the two Nomads, and unfortunately... it had worked, for one of them, at least.

          Elua glared at him in annoyance before she spoke, "And, I suppose, you wouldn't know of mothers—being so void of empathy?" she asked with a snarl. It sounded harsh, even in her own opinion, but her defensive mind was on high alert because of this angry and insulting teen that stood before her with such ignorance.

          "How dare you-!" the Fire Nation teen stopped as he almost shook in anger while he held himself back from potentially ending this young woman's life with a breath of fire blowing out from his nose and a sharp glare pointed at her. "Take the boy to the prison hold. And take these, to my quarters," he ordered through gritted teeth while he handed the staves off to a plump and graying man that stood beside him, which made him begin to walk away, a guard standing at his side as he went.

          The guards grabbed onto Aang's arms again and started to drag him away from his sister with the Fire Nation teen's command. Such movements made Aang look back over his shoulder as he gave Elua a reassuring smile, but that didn't stop the worry that engulfed her senses, and she felt the immediate need to help him. Her very first instinct was to make the guards let go of him. However, before she could even take two steps forward, another two guards dragged a hold of her arms and kept her in place.

          "Leave her," the irritable teen ordered his men, "I want a moment alone with the Avatar," he said cynically, and at that, his soldiers promptly stepped away before all of them bowed to the man in front of them and wordlessly walked away. Elua had nearly rolled her eyes when she heard him call her that. Had she really played the role so well that he would continue to believe such a hoax?

          Elua quickly turned to face the destructive person that stood in front of her as she tried her hardest to push down the hatred that she was starting to feel for him, because hate, had always been something that the Monks and Nuns had taught was wrong. She promptly shook her head as the wind made her long dark hair flow over her eyes and block her line of sight while also bothering her as it did so. Her lips pursed in annoyance as she made a mental note to tie her hair back when she got the chance to... if she got the chance to.