Chapter Ten: Eros

Mia's point of view

I slammed my hands on the counter in front of me. "What the hell do you mean you can't investigate anymore!?" I yelled.

I was at the police station. Marnie came with me today. I've came here everyday since Stephanie died. Well, murdered. I hate saying that. My best friend was murdered. Yeah, even though she did some low down shit, she was my best friend.

"Ma'am, we have done all that we can." The police officer told me.

~

Joe's point of view

Why would Marnie call me here? Shit. Maybe she's suspicious. Couldn't be though. I've given her no reason to be. I cleared my throat as I approached her and you.

"Joe?" You questioned.

Marnie groaned. "Finally."

"You called him here?" You asked. Marnie groaned again and rolled her eyes. "You, come with me." She said, grabbing my arm and pulling me outside. "I'm guessing you heard the news."

I did. Mainly because it's been posted everywhere. "Yeah." I said with a frown. "My condolences."

"Oh, please." Marnie said. "She did my sister dirty. Karma is a bitch."

This girl... is ruthless.

Marnie sighed and sat down on the steps, and I joined her. "I hate seeing her like this, Mia. First Brandon and now Stephanie. Why is this happening?"

I wish I could tell you why.

"He was going to propose to her." Marnie said.

"What?" I asked.

"Brandon. He was going to propose to Mia. Even after all of that fuckboy shit he done. He was going to propose to her." Marnie explained.

For the love of God.

"She would've married him, maybe had his kids. And he would've still went behind her back, and cheated on her. Still would've probably messed around with Stephanie." Marnie scoffed. "Why don't I feel bad for them?"

Because you're evil. But in a way, your feelings are justified.

"Can I be honest with you, Joe?"

I nodded. "Even though all that shit happened between you two, I'm glad you and my sister met. Brandon can go to hell for all I care, at least just stay wherever the hell he is."

I smiled, and then the door slammed opened behind us. "Why are you here?" You asked as you walked down the steps to face us.

"Emotional confrontation." Marnie replied for me while getting up. She sighed. "You two need to work this out."

I stood up and shoved my hands in my coat pockets. "Now is not the time, both of you know this." You announced.

"I had no idea-"

"Silence, Joseph." Marnie interrupted. "Mia, you're my big sister. And I care for you and your mental, since we are all we've got. So when I say that you need this. To work this out, you need to shut your mouth, and listen to me."

You sighed, and then looked at me. You shook your head. "My best friend, just died. She was fucking murdered. What I need to work out, is planning a funeral for her. I'm not worried about anyone else right now. So with all due disrespect, leave me the hell alone."

You stormed away. I can't blame you. You lost your best friend. I been through that before.

With Beck.

Marnie turned around and sighed. "I'm not going to hear the end of this."

"I should find her later and apologize." I suggested.

"No." Marnie replied. "Honestly she just needs to be left alone. From all of us. I think someone needs to just pick her up off of her feet and carry her far away from here. Where's the no drama. Nobody leaving her."

Well, I don't want to toot my own horn but-

Marnie looked at me and frowned. "I mean don't tet me wrong Jojo, you're a good guy and all. I mean you're a strong five, you have a mature sense of humor, which is kind of annoying but my sister finds that attractive. You have a stable job, got your shit together."

I'm listening....

"But my sister is like the Grape Tootsie Pop, and you're more of the Orange." Marnie finished.

I raised an eyebrow, making Marnie groan. "The Orange one is usually the one left at the bottom of the bag. The Grape is the best one. The one that deserves more than just having two in a fucking bag of nineteen."

"Not sure I'm understanding." I said.

Marnie rolled her eyes. "You're not a good flavor." She said. "Good Lord, it's like talking to a toddler or like speaking Bosnian in Nigeria." Marnie pulled out her headphones and plugged them into her phone, I soon hear a loud beat coming from them. "I'll see you around I guess. If Mia decides to stop being an ass."

And with that, the little sister was gone too.

...
...
..
.

Did I just get compared to a fucking lollipop?